Best Burning Software?

hey guys whats the best burning software???

For general use and newbies, Nero is the best choice IMHO.

If you can’t afford Nero, CD-Mate is a great alternate and offers the ability to beat most copy protections.

CloneCD is the best choice if you regularly want to copy protected CDs.

I would steer clear of Easy CD Creator which is VERY buggy and interferes with other parts of your system.

Can’t afford Nero? Get it almost for free!

Nero costs €52, A LiteOn 40x writer costs €68… and guess what’s in the box? :wink:

No serious… Nero is really a good reliable burning program for about all needs. The only other program you ever may need is CloneCD (and maybe some free tools).

Another great program is CDRWin, for quite some jobs it is very handy. I don’t think that many ppl are still using this one… but I couldn’t live without it! (actually I could but you know what I mean;))

Originally posted by Dee-ehn
Nero costs €52, A LiteOn 40x writer costs €68… and guess what’s in the box? :wink:

They’re overcharging you over there. Here 40x Lite-on: ~$120 au (comes bundled with nero, of course). Nero retail price: ~$135 au

So, you could look at it this way: buy nero for $120 au and get a free 40x Litey thrown in. :bigsmile:

Originally posted by philamber
[B]
They’re overcharging you over there. Here 40x Lite-on: ~$120 au (comes bundled with nero, of course). Nero retail price: ~$135 au

So, you could look at it this way: buy nero for $120 au and get a free 40x Litey thrown in. :bigsmile: [/B]

I just calculated that $120au equals €70,18 so no overcharging there :slight_smile:

I think InstantCD/DVD is the best choice specially for newbie’s. Sure its expensive, but it got many features and the most of them are very easy to handle.

I got all those above programs, but for those ppl who really dont want to spare a dime and want to do everything legit, I salut you and recommend BurnAtOnce, completely free, it does everything from creating audio CDs to copying SD2 games. Course I also recommend Nero and CloneCD.

The best burning software will be the 1st one that cracks securom 4!!!
I wish!!!
my moneys on oli???
what about you?

That’s a pretty safe bet. :slight_smile:

Originally posted by DECODER22

a loaded questionand i have used nero with poor results and love ecdc platinum.
like any software i choose custom install and leave off anything i don’t want.

its easy and gives excellent results, i can’t speak for any versions before 5 platinum and up to 5.1.134sp4 which is latest.

it hasn’t given any of our 3 home systems one bit of trouble.

nero has been the exact opposite and i clean install our rigs atleast twice a year and always clean install all software.

good luck whatever you choose

This is like asking which is the best religion. Everyone has an answer and starts saddling up for a crusade. Despite that let me answer by saying all of the following work fine on my XP Pro system:

Nero, EasyCDC Platinum and DirectCD, NTI CD Maker Deluxe, Feurio, CloneCD and VOB Instant CD.

Originally posted by DECODER22

rmunde,

Great answer. :wink:

I won’t appoint any burning program to be the best, but simply say which ones I use the most :slight_smile:
Those are Nero, which I use for back-up of my data, CloneCD for backups of my games and CDRWin for the rest (not very often, usually the stuff that the other two can’t do properly)

Why thank you!

Originally posted by Inertia
[B]rmunde,

Great answer. :wink: [/B]

Nero, ECDC 5.3 Platinum and CloneCD co-exist in harmony on my system. Each program has its own strengths and which program I will use depends on what burning need I have at a given time. :smiley: