Best burning software?

As long as I have had a PC I have used Nero without a problem.
But maybe theres a better software?
Is imgBurn better? or maybe some other software?
I burn almost only DVDs if thats any matter.
And is there any way I can test if a software burnes better quality than Nero?
Should I just burn some diffferent DVDs, CDs and copy burn CDs and then check the quality with Nero DiscSpeeds Disc Quality and Scan Disc and see wich one performes better?
Or is there any other method?

Im not looking for to improve my Burnes quality just for the quality of it by benchmarking, quality testing and scanning with DiskSpeed.
I just burn DVDs and watch on my stand alone player.
So I would like to know if theres any real world differences between the sowtwares.

There are many programs out there that give you a free trial some are 21 days and some are 30 days like FAB gives you, Best bet is to d/l several and then see which one you like best as everybody on here recommends their program that they have so try them all for yourself and pick the best one. ImgBurn is just a burning engine like Nero and they will not remove the protection on DVD’s. Also there are burning software forums here on CD Freaks might want to check them out also

Well Nero is very easy to use so I wouldnt change to another software becouse of that but what I really was hoping to find an answer to is how do I check wich software burn better?

Should I just burn some diffferent DVDs, CDs and copy CDs and then check the quality with Nero DiscSpeeds Disc Quality and Scan Disc and see wich one performes better?
Or is there any other method?

It is not the burning software to write on the disc, but the firmware installed in the drive.

The burning software is only a graphical interface between the user and the firmware.

So, the burning software used to write on a disc actually has no influence on the burning quality.

To get good results you must use good quality discs, select the right burning speed, use the right firmware (usually, even if not always, latest version released by the producer).

About the burning software, then you can chose the one you like more.

The only “influence” that the burning software can have is on the computer more than on the burning process itself. Some software are more “heavy” than other and require a more powerful machine and/or more RAM memory to work smoothly, but other than this any burning software basically is good :slight_smile:

I have a Optiarc 7201A with 1.09 firmware.
I have read here on cdfreaks that this is a quality burner.