Best Burner to buy?

What is the best burner to buy for copying games/reading/writing safedisc,ect?.For dealing with the various read/write protections?. It does’nt have to be the latest fastest read/write speeds, I’d rather not spend more than the £50~£100 range. I’m sorry if this is an often asked question but as they are constantly updated I’d like to hear the currant concensus…

Thanx people!..

Lite-On LTR- 48246S

hehe…this quesiton has been asked sooo many times…!!!

when i finally decided to upgrade form my 4X traxdat 4120Pro burner i stumbled upon this wonderful sight…and spend a few days reading every review and forum post i could get my mouse pointer to hover over!

I eventually decided on Liteon…mines a 48246S - 48x48x24x. I love it to bits…no really…i do love it! :slight_smile:

Ask anyone and they’ll tell u about teh brands that are rebadged liteons…

Very contraversal question but i’d personally go with liteon - a good all round burner.

haha!!! SEE!! BoSkin agrees with me 2!!

Originally posted by voy74656
haha!!! SEE!! BoSkin agrees with me 2!!

Or vice versa ? :bigsmile: :wink:

nah…i agreed with you…u wrote your post while i was writing mine…and submitted b4 me…hehe!!

Have you had any problems with ur liteon??? i really thrashed mine to make sure it worked…as in…making teh underrun thing run 100% of the time untill the cd had burnt…i actually make it take 15 minutes to burn a cd…the led was yellow almost the entire time (was thrashing the hdd to make it do this) and the cd was perfect…put it in cdspeed and tested the cdquality burn…was a perfect arc…cant ask more than that!!!:bigsmile: :slight_smile: :smiley: :bow:

i would say Asus CRW5224A
does everything what a lite-on does and a bit more. :bigsmile:

I agree with both BoSkin & voy74656 :bigsmile:

Bought mine yesterday - 48246S. It rocks. Even 48125S is good but, not available now.

Originally posted by BoSkin
Lite-On LTR- 48246S

Ditto.

yay…lite-on lovers come together as one :bigsmile:

liteon-rox liteon-rox liteon-rox continues to chant:bow: :stuck_out_tongue:

LITE-ON CD-RW 52x24x52x (LTR-52246S)

:cool:

I agree with AnOrO as a Lite-On 52x24x52 is the best and only option. As for the Asus drive mentioned, who actually manufactures that drive? I know Asus just rebrands their stuff. Seen Asus branded everything, from modems, sound cards, video cards and CD-Roms. Go with the source of the drive…Lite-On.

Does the Lite-On LTR- 48246S support Mt. Rainier format?

I’m with Maelstrom on this one but really it’s hard to go wrong with any recent model Asus or Lite-on writer.

Originally posted by ExpertTech
Sure, it does.

@philamber,

…and you’re not with me on that one, huh ? :frowning: :confused: :bigsmile:

@AnOrO & Astronutty,

the 48x can be easily flashed to the 52x, that’s why I’ve picked up the LTR- 48246S.

@Astronutty,

Asus drives are made by Asus. Never heard of them rebranding the drives.

Originally posted by philamber
I’m with Maelstrom on this one but really it’s hard to go wrong with any recent model Asus or Lite-on writer.

glad that atleast one person support my opinion :bigsmile:

Originally posted by ExpertTech

Yes. even the 32x litey supports it. Thats what I have read at the forums.

My both 48125S & 48246S support it.

Originally posted by darshanjog
[B]

Yes. even the 32x litey supports it. Thats what I have read at the forums.

My both 48125S & 48246S support it. [/B]

32 speed lity support it but not out of the box

Originally posted by Maelstrom
[B]

32 speed lity support it but not out of the box [/B]

Ok, maybe not out of the box but, you can get it by a simple firmware upgrade.
:wink:

Firstly, thank you for not giving me the “Use the Frikin Search button!” standard reply :smiley:

Second: What’s the difference between the Liton 48246S and 52245s?, apart from the obvious x4speed(figurativly) increase. Are there any formats that the 52X will read that the 48X won’t?, or is it the same drive but ‘a liddle bit faster’?..

Thanx people! :slight_smile:

PS, Another thing!, what about read quality?, I have an old OEM Toshiba DVD ROM that’s about 6X ?X 36X off the top of my head, is it worth upgrading this for reading some of the difficult safedisc/secureROM stuff?, is the Toshi OK, or is the Liteon a read wizaerd?..

Thanx again!! :smiley: