Best burner securom

vbimport

I want to buy a new burner, but what is the best burner at this moment that is good with safedisk 2.8x & NEW securom.

Please your comment,

Greetzzzzz,
Hell-fighter…:a

there has been claimed sucess of safedisc 2.8x wth liteon. but they are just flukes. theres no definate way that works all the time. the liteon can also do the new securom titles also.

get one of these:
ltr-48126s
ltr-48246s

if you want want you cant overclock, you could go with:
ltr-48125s/w (thats s or w)
ltr-40125sw

of course the latter drives can’t be made to go faster.

the advantage of the first two is the ability to flash the firmware to the 52x version.

ive been very happy with my 48x lieys and would reccomend them as an all around good burner.

and from what i understand, the new ones can also handle protected audio cds

Originally posted by kwkard
there has been claimed sucess of safedisc 2.8x wth liteon. but they are just flukes. theres no definate way that works all the time.

I don’t know where you’re getting your info but any Lite-on of 24x or above can copy safedisc 2.8x successfully with the discdump/fireburner combination.

The only known failures have occurred where users haven’t been able to get discdump to work on their systems. However, this is invariably because they either don’t have a functioning adaptec aspi layer or because discdump isn’t working properly with aspi 4.70+. AFAIK, there are no reports of failure where aspi 4.60 has been used.

yes my lite-on 2412b can write sd 2.80.010 without problems

and securom, ok, or not ok

Noburner can make 1:1 real copy of Securom very new 4.83.xxx
The best solution for now is using blindwrite with the nice feature of autoplay

Originally posted by Parker

Or just wait for Alcohol :bigsmile:

originally posted by Parker

why do you say this, i made a copy of ut2k3 using my 24102b and blindwrite 4.2.2 . The copy works in the burner just like the original no need to hide atip so that makes this copy a perfect 1:1 copy. what your saying is false

ps i am not running ANY atip hiding feature, or any kind of emulation

This is really a question of definition.

Strictly speaking, it isn’t possible to make a true 1:1 copy of any copy protected game as all copying methods of such cds involves some form of method to imitate rather than strictly duplicate the physical structure of the original cd.

If what is meant, however, by a 1:1 copy is one that will work in virtually all devices without emulation techniques and which itself is capable of being copied successfully (which is generally what is regarded, though wrongly so, as a 1:1 copy) then the answer with respect to safedisc 2.8 is “yes” whilst the answer with respect to securom 4.8x is “no”.

However, as slayerking has pointed out, in many cases it is possible to produce copies of securom 4.8x cds that will work properly on the devices that you may have. These copies will not work on all devices and, generally, cannot be copied successfully. Further, in many cases, a separate copy of the affected cd will be required as a back-up for intallation purposes.

Accordingly, whilst they are not what would be generally regarded as 1:1 copies, they are perfectly adequate for most legitimate purposes (i.e. using a back-up copy whilst putting the original away for safekeeping).

The fact that 2nd and subsequent generation copying may be difficult or even impossible should rarely be an issue. After all, if you own the original and the copy is lost, damaged or destroyed, you can always get out the original and make another copy.

hi philamber

if your wondering i have my original packed away because the back up works properly installs and plays even when patched;)

Originally posted by philamber
[B]
I don’t know where you’re getting your info but any Lite-on of 24x or above can copy safedisc 2.8x successfully with the discdump/fireburner combination.

The only known failures have occurred where users haven’t been able to get discdump to work on their systems. However, this is invariably because they either don’t have a functioning adaptec aspi layer or because discdump isn’t working properly with aspi 4.70+. AFAIK, there are no reports of failure where aspi 4.60 has been used. [/B]

i guess it didn’t notice anything about that. Oh well, i guess what i meant was with clonecd or bindewrite, they are unable to make 1:1 copies of the safedisc 2.8x correct?

But back to the original point, the liteon is a great burner for these tasks provided you have the right software.

SecuROM 4.8 protected cd’s can be copied with Blind Write 4.3!!

first you create an image of the disk using the nibble. Then you use the Physical CD characteristic dumper to create the physical image data for the disk you then save that data in the same directory as the created image with the same name as the image. Then you simple copy the cd using blidwrite with the write method dao Pw and you are done you have made a perfect 1:1 backup:)

Originally posted by logicassault
[B]SecuROM 4.8 protected cd’s can be copied with Blind Write 4.3!!

first you create an image of the disk using the nibble. Then you use the Physical CD characteristic dumper to create the physical image data for the disk you then save that data in the same directory as the created image with the same name as the image. Then you simple copy the cd using blidwrite with the write method dao Pw and you are done you have made a perfect 1:1 backup:) [/B]

No you’ve made an autoplay emulation copy that only works so long as blindwrite or the separate autoplay filter is present on your system and it isn’t even close to being 1:1.

Originally posted by Parker

wrong-o. i made a perfect 1:1 backup from my unreal 2 cd’s - as far as i know, i was the first in backin it up successfuly :slight_smile:

neonspyder -
does your backup play from your dvd drive? I’ve found that none of my Securom (4.8x) backups pass the cd check when using my panasonic dvd drive (sr-8588) - in fact it locks up the system!

philamber - any comment ??

Originally posted by ProfessorX
I’ve found that none of my Securom (4.8x) backups pass the cd check when using my panasonic dvd drive (sr-8588) - in fact it locks up the system!

Seems that the panasonic (matsuhita) can’t even read the cd.

Not a total surprise to me as the first burner I ever bought (which still lives on one of my kids systems solely because I’m too lazy to remove it) was a panasonic (matsuhita) and a truly appalling reader of any burnt cd (i.e. frequently can’t read them at all and locks the system; sound familiar :wink: )

[Off topic: In fact I suspect that that old burner would be close to the worst burner ever manufactured. Can’t burn in any raw mode. Can’t successfully burn a cd at 1x. If set to burn at 2x, in fact, burns at 1x irrespective of burning app used. Cannot burn audio with cre(m)ator. Produces a scsi/ide error at the end of the lead-in when writing with nero in approximately 75% of cases. Suffers a buffer underrun when burning at 4x (when scsi/ide error doesn’t occur) with any app except fireburner in about 60% of cases. Curiously, it occasionally “works” ok at 8x. And worst of all, the cds that it does burn are scarcely readable even when the highest possible quality media is used.]

As you may have gathered, I’m not exactly a fan of panasonic optical devices (even though they make good idiot boxes and stereos).

Simple answer:
Litey LTR 52x
MemorexMAX52x (rebagged Litey)
Litey LTR 52x hardware review: http://www.cdfreaks.com/document.php3?Doc=99

Asus40x^ will get the job done too :smiley:

Shoey