Best burner for MBI DVD+R DL media

vbimport

Could someone please advise as to what the best burner seems to be with this manufacturer (specifically, media code MBIPG101 R10-065).

I’ve been through (literally!) about a dozen different burners, and all but the HP 1270i(t) consistently make coasters (especially at anything above 4x). This seems to be the primary media code for DL discs these days (I’ve gotten them branded as Kodak, Memorex, and Maxell). It is becoming exceedingly frustrating :frowning: (My 1270i(t) just died and is being RMA’d - I’m hoping the replacement burns as reliably as this one did.

Thanks.

I think your best bet is to try a Optiarc burner with a NEC chipset like the AD-7260S, AD-7240S or AD-7200S. They perform great on most DL media.

(and in my opinion it should be definitely be allowed to post and discuss MIDs in this subforum!)

Testing with a dozen burners just to make low grade media burnable??

[QUOTE=DeathStalker77;2618521]Could someone please advise as to what the best burner seems to be with this manufacturer (specifically, media code MBIPG101 R10-065).

I’ve been through (literally!) about a dozen different burners, and all but the HP 1270i(t) consistently make coasters (especially at anything above 4x). This seems to be the primary media code for DL discs these days (I’ve gotten them branded as Kodak, Memorex, and Maxell). It is becoming exceedingly frustrating :frowning: (My 1270i(t) just died and is being RMA’d - I’m hoping the replacement burns as reliably as this one did.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Moved from “Moser Baer India DVD+R DL” tests thread.