Best burn speed for Verbatim CD-R?

vbimport

I bought some Verbatim Data Life Plus 52x CD-R discs what is the best burn speed for them?

I have an Optiarc 7240S and a Samsung SH-S243N, was planning to use WMP to burn some audio tracks.

Discs are MII, I think MID is MCC, at work cannot check on them right now, thanks.

[QUOTE=MrPete1985;2520331]I bought some Verbatim Data Life Plus 52x CD-R discs what is the best burn speed for them?

I have an Optiarc 7240S and a Samsung SH-S243N, was planning to use WMP to burn some audio tracks.

Discs are MII, I think MID is MCC, at work cannot check on them right now, thanks.[/QUOTE]
16x is usually pretty safe to start I would not go much faster

16x or more rarely 24x is usually optimal for burning an Audio CD with lowest possible jitter and C1/C2 errors. I don’t have either of your two drives, but I’d try 16x as first choice.

When writing data, jitter is not nearly as important, and I’d suggest trying 32x which is faster and probably just as good.

^ Agree 100% with Drage :iagree::iagree: - as a rule, I use 16x for audio, and 32x for data…I don’t have those two particular burners either though, closest I have is a Sammy 223F and an Optiarc 5170S (the 5170S is especially good for CD burning).