Best Burn Speed Falcon BD-R 4X Media

I am using a Pioneer 2208 Drive.

For Discs I am using Falcon Pro BD-R 4x Plus media Smart Hub Printable PN 0748 (with up to 10X write speed).

I want the best quality burns I can get. After reading several posts, I know burning at the slowest speed does not give the best results.

For this media is 4x the best burn speed?

Will 6x give the same quality burns as 4x speeds?

[QUOTE=Jstar333;2701208]I am using a Pioneer 2208 Drive.

For Discs I am using Falcon Pro BD-R 4x Plus media Smart Hub Printable PN 0748 (with up to 10X write speed).

I want the best quality burns I can get. After reading several posts, I know burning at the slowest speed does not give the best results.[/quote]That’s not necessarily true. It’s also not necessarily false. It depends on a lot of factors.

For this media is 4x the best burn speed?

Will 6x give the same quality burns as 4x speeds?
Unfortunately there aren’t many burns of the FTI BD-R discs in the BDR-208 thread so it’s hard to give you any guidance. My BDR-206 did a better job at 6x than 4x, but it’s not a huge difference. I did see that the BDR-205 did a very poor job at 4x, but did very well at 6x and 8x. I don’t know if that carries over to your 2208 (208).

Do you have a drive capable of scanning BD-R discs?

I have never tested a disc burn. I know there are software and hardware methods of determining burn quality after reading some post at this site. I will probably do some testing once I understand how to do a scan and read the results.

I do have several cd-r disks that are 13 - 15 years old that are still readable. One is a backup of a program I still use today (Netmanage ECCO Pro). I try to buy the best discs and burners with the hope that my media will last 20 years.

The mediacode ist TDK BLDRBB, right?

I wouldn´t burn them with a Pioneer at all, because my LG BH10LS30 gives me better results.:wink:

JSTAR, I’ve got Pioneers 207 and 208s, and I use these Falcons without problems - but I don’t do Scans for their quality - I only use the Crossed Finger method of Hopeful Prayers.

I need to trick Katraine into offering bloody sacrifices to the BluRay Volcano Gods or something! (I wonder if she’d accept American politicians?)

[QUOTE=katraine;2701299]I wouldn´t burn them with a Pioneer at all, because my LG BH10LS30 gives me better results.;)[/QUOTE]Are you planning to send your BH10LS30 to Jstar333 so he can use it too? :bigsmile:

I have burnt over 50 falcon 4x bd-r on a bdr-208 with no problems earliest discs still play back on everything they have been in. unfortunately i don’t have a drive to scan bd-r yet

I purchased a Liteon iHBS112 so that I can do scan tests. I tested the Falcon Pro Media at 4x,6x,8x with the Pioneer 2208 using Nero12. Using Nero the Pioneer would not burn this media at 8x (throttled back to 4x). The Falcon’s are not on Pioneers supported media list. After doing the media scans I believe the Falcon’s burn slightly better at the 6x speed. I will attach the scanning tests when I am done testing.

Since this is first time doing scans, I may not have everything setup right in my test procedure.

[QUOTE=Stereodude;2701340]Are you planning to send your BH10LS30 to Jstar333 so he can use it too? :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

I´m waiting for his best offer.:bigsmile:

I still think we should sacrifice politicians into the Media Gods’ volcanos, chanting away, and let THAT fix all problems!

Quality Scans Of Falcon Pro Media. All Dics used a Pioneer 2208 for burning and a Liteon IHBS112-04 for scanning.

FalconMedia Pro 4X Plus Smart Hub Priintable PN 0748 MID (TDKBLDRBB) bought at Polyline.com
Disc written at 4X Speed using Nero Burning Rom 12, UDF format.

FalconMedia Pro 4X Plus Smart Hub Priintable PN 0748 MID (TDKBLDRBB) bought at Polyline.com
Disc written at 6X Speed using Nero Burning Rom 12, UDF format.

Verbatim 6X DatalifePlus PN 97338 MID (VERBATIMe) bought at BH Photo.
Disc written at 4X Speed using Nero Burning Rom 12, UDF format.

Verbatim 6X DatalifePlus PN 97338 MID (VERBATIMe) bought at BH Photo.

From these scans I believe the Falcon Pro Media is better than the Verbatim Media that I was using. Do these scans look they were done correctly?

Hm, You scanned with 8x.
It´s hard to say if the maximum spikes are depending on the disc quality ore more on the reading ability of Your LiteOn drive.:confused:

Can You set the speed on top and at the bottom of the OptiDrive window to 2x and repeat a scan?

Rescanned the Falcon 4X Pro (6X write speed) using 2x read speed.

Why are there 2 two speed tabs on Opti Drive Control Disc Quality Page (one on top, one bottom right)?

What does the Jitter Speed option do?

Most options are left at there default except the following three options.

1. Read disc label automatically. unchecked
  2. Direct overwrite
  3. Streaming