Best Blu-ray to mobile settings for Xbox 360 Streaming Needed

What is the best setting to use to rip my blu-Ray collection. I want to keep as much quality as i can and keep the file size under 10gig per movie for streaming to xbox 360 in the Media Browser addon. Already tried using MKV with h.264-aac with no luck and im currently getting errors using the xbox 360 setting in DVD fab 6.0.3.6. Any ideas?

[QUOTE=diggeek;2409634]What is the best setting to use to rip my blu-Ray collection. I want to keep as much quality as i can and keep the file size under 10gig per movie for streaming to xbox 360 in the Media Browser addon. Already tried using MKV with h.264-aac with no luck and im currently getting errors using the xbox 360 setting in DVD fab 6.0.3.6. Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

The thing with Blu’s is that they are large for a reason, there is a LOT of info on the disc, hence the A / V quality…

I don’t think you will ever be able to get a Blu down to 10 G’s, but if you want to give it a go, you can try using TsMuxer, and remove every thing except main movie and the 5.1 audio…

good luck :bigsmile:

Yeah, all i want is the main movie nothing else. if i can get that under 10gig that will be fine with me. would AVI using h.264 be ok to use at around 5000kb bitrate?

[QUOTE=diggeek;2409655]Yeah, all i want is the main movie nothing else. if i can get that under 10gig that will be fine with me. would AVI using h.264 be ok to use at around 5000kb bitrate?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, diggeek, I am not that technologically literate,and I don,t know what movie your trying to back up, the newer Blu’s are quite large, in the 40+ G range, impossible to shrink to a 10 G…

and the re-releases are generally in the 17 - 23 G range, the smallest I have been able to shrink one of these to was about 16.3 from a 21 G…

so I would suggest going to, Blu-Ray to Blu-Ray, open main movie, strip out all the info you don,t want,keeping the English subs and DTS / 5.1 and see what your left with in terms of size, I honestly don’t think you can get any of the Blu’s to a 10 G though…

but again good luck :bigsmile:

Well, i’ve got the Watchmen Blu-ray “main movie” which is 30.8Gb ripped and converted to MKV H.264-AAC 5000kb bitrate 1280X720 128kb stereo aac at about 8.5 Gig. would that be good enough for just my “special movies” or should i go with a high bitrate and resolution?

The other problem i’m having is being able to stream MKV to my media browser MCE on xbox 360. . im running windows RTM 32bit.