Best blu-ray blank media?

i’m sure there was a large thread that was talking about the “best” bluray media. i read it here, i think, late last year. (unless it was another site) i can no longer find it using any search words i tried…

anyway, at the time i wasn’t interested in bd media (too expensive), but i’m about ready now. so what is the consensus here as to which brand is the best. i ask because what is good for dvd-5 & dvd-9 may not be good for bd. i used mainly tdk or mitsubishi for cd’s. (stopped burning cd’s years ago)
i use verbatim for dvd’s. (i only use dvd-9 since dl was released)
and i should use ?what? for bd-25 and bd-50

now, as usual, everybody has an opinion - no doubt. but what is the consensus by the “pros” on this site. those people that have been burning to blu-ray for over a year, are over 30 years old, and know what they are talking about.

also i’d prefer specific and name brands, ie: verbatim, sony, pioneer etc… as opposed to the usual “just get whatever as long as it’s made by toyo mudo” (or whatever funny name japanese chemical company)
i’m interested in writting at the lowest possible speed - and for long term storage.

thanks,

I think the best BD media is dependent on what BD burner you decide on.

I just finished burning a Memorex, Sony, TDK, and a Verbatim BD-R with Imgburn writing BD-Video files to all discs with no problems and all discs play perfectly in my Samsung BD player.

I have tested the LG GGW-H20L, the Sony 200S and now the BH08 from LG and have not had a bad burn with any of the BD media I have tossed at any of them.

So, decide on your burner and then look through this forum for reviews and threads on the drive and you will get a good idea on which media will work best for you.

Unlike CD or DVD media where we usually do few minutes “disc quality scanning” to determine a good burn, scanning BD-R single and dual layer will need a lot more time, not to mention only one brand (Lite-On) can scan, so better just “test” it by playing on your blu-ray player as ~KIPPER~ said.

After almost 3 years since I was first introduce to blu-ray drive and media (here), for BD-R, I’ll take anything as long as its cheap and supported by your drive. Never have problems so far. The first BD-R media I use were Verbatim, Memorex, TDK, Sony all Made in Japan and no problem reading back.

BD-RE is another story. I have close to 100 BD-RE 25GB and 50GB and some of them have already turned bad, ImgBurn reported bad sectors when burning and skips when playing back (both video and audio). These include Verbatim, Memorex and Panasonic BD-REs. Maybe too many re-writes.

[QUOTE=zevia;2221512]

BD-RE is another story. I have close to 100 BD-RE 25GB and 50GB and some of them have already turned bad, ImgBurn reported bad sectors when burning and skips when playing back (both video and audio). These include Verbatim, Memorex and Panasonic BD-REs. Maybe too many re-writes.[/QUOTE]

Really? I hate Memorex, I had some in CD-Rw, locks up in 1 or 2 burns. I haven’t touch that brand since. I don’t like Verbatim neither. Their product are either India or singapore. Panasonic are all made in Japan, the dye should be good.

Didn’t they guarantee 1000 write or something like that? I know there is a guarantee w/ 1000 write in the Sony DVD+RW