Best BD-RE drive for 2011

vbimport

Here at MyCE we have always been keen to include content suggested by the members and threads of this type have always been popular in the past.

We’ve had a number of requests recently asking to reinstate these polls and we are more than happy to oblige.

As well as recording current opinions, they’re also a useful starting point for potential purchases.

So back by popular demand are the MyCE Optical Drive surveys!

There are two new polls one for DVD writers and one for Blu-Ray.

This is your chance to tell us what you think and vote for the drives you regard as the best.

So help keep the rest of the community informed here at MyCE and express your opinions.

vroom, isn’t the LO iHES112/212 3 a BD combo drive, i.e., it only reads BD and not burn them?

[QUOTE=KTL;2602320]vroom, isn’t the LO iHES112/212 3 a BD combo drive, i.e., it only reads BD and not burn them?[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I removed the drive from the list.

voted for Liteon iHBS112/212 : working fine with all bds (of course you have to keep the firmware upgraded)!

I would have voted for the PX-B940SA (Pioneer BDR-205 clone) too since the BDR-205 is a very good drive too, but since Plextor hasn’t released any firmware updates for it in ages so the drive is now 3 or 4 firmware revisions behind its Pioneer BDR-205 equivalent, I obviously decided not to do so due to the [B]very poor firmware support[/B].

[QUOTE=Gymno;2602361]voted for Liteon iHBS112/212 : working fine with all bds (of course you have to keep the firmware upgraded)![/QUOTE]

And the Liteon iHBS112 seems to be available very cheaply too. :eek:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2604791]And the Liteon iHBS112 seems to be available very cheaply too. :eek:

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

It was about time, i never understood why it took so long for the prices to drop.

I paid €72.67 for my iHBS112 that arrived yesterday. Burned one Verbatim 4x BD-R and the disc scan was good.

[QUOTE=Liggy;2604842]I paid €72.67 for my iHBS112 that arrived yesterday. Burned one Verbatim 4x BD-R and the disc scan was good.[/QUOTE]

That’s good to know Liggy.

I can get it for roughly the same price here too, £59.99 delivered (€68).

I think I might have an idea of what I’d like for Christmas now! :smiley:

[B]Wombler[/B]

Having excellent results with WH12LS30 from LG. Burns many BD MIDs well. I only use iHBS112 for scanning because the LG works so well for me.

Wow, haven’t been around since the old name went away.

Anyhow, I appreciate this thread, as I am seeking a Blu-Ray burner. The poll helps me narrow things down, so thanks!

Glad you’ve found it useful Emoto and welcome back. :wink:

[B]Wombler[/B]

Darn, still no WH12Ls30 available here in the middle age europe tales.

[QUOTE=chef;2610606]Darn, still no WH12Ls30 available here in the middle age europe tales.[/QUOTE]
xH12LS3x: They are all the same AFAIK. :wink:

Yeah, the external 12x version is here, but no sign from the internal variant. :frowning:

Thanks for this thread. I think I want the pioneer badly now LOL! I have both the WH10LS30, and the WH12LS39. Both have been pretty good. I think the WH10LS30 may be failing prematurely on LTH media though. I use an ihes108 for scanning the BD-R’s. It does a very good job. It’s about all I trust it for though, since at least once, it’s ignored read errors :eek: I think it’s been broken in nicely now though :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe you should consider buying the Pioneer BDR-207.

…and we need to start a new poll for 2012.

[QUOTE=chef;2626640]…and we need to start a new poll for 2012.[/QUOTE]

Too early for that.

wouldn’t most people just vote for what they have? I mean, unless you were an expert at this sort of thing (research, scans, etc.), how would you know which of these are the best?

Better off just polling the knowledgeable people on this board for what they think the best BD drive out now?

• Owner of LG BH12LS35, but unsure how it really ranks

P.S. Someone should start a 2012 expert poll now?