Best Automated Production CD DVD Printer around $6000 USD

Hi I’m looking to purchase another CD DVD Printer for our duplication business. Have been looking at the All Pro Solutions, Microboards, Epson Discproducer and LSK (German) printers.

All seem based around the HP engin. All are $5000 USD plus. So serious production machines.

We already have one Everest, a Epson based machine from France, that works well with CISS and Robot for autoloading.

Got a Primera Bravo aswell as a few manual Canon ip4300 ip4500 and the new (with smaller ink carts) ip4600

Any one got any tips on a production machine? Low ink cost is a plus with replaceable print heads as they do cause probs around 30,000 disks.

Any one got any ideas on serious production printers?

[QUOTE=hooperap;2299517]Any one got any ideas on serious production printers?[/QUOTE]
It’s kind of hard has you have mentioned the entire category of auto loaders.

I take it you are focused on a inkjet system?

what will be the primary printing duty of the machine (besides production)?

Speed,
Full color
durable print
text, graphics and images

inkjet
How about a MF Digital Scribe with the Picojet printer? uses HP cartridges (off the shelf)

Oh you did not mention the TeacP55 that might be a solution with the Versamax ribbon? prints on anything with the special ribbon.

R-Quest builds some good equipment too.

We want a machine that is good at full coverage, full colour photo disks. Speed is not really the issue.

Cost of production using Mantrajet, Mf Digital Scribe etc is pretty high as they use carts HP 56-57. The All pro solutions uses cartridges with seperate print heads.

Has anyone used the All pro Solutions Endurajet printer with after market, refilled or CISS / CIS ink systems? It seems to be the same base HP Unit as the PF Pro by Microboards and the LSK printer.

I think it’s HP 88 cartridges/ink that they take, but do they have a proprietary chip?

My understanding is they all do: it’s an HP requirement for the higher end printer (chip based). R-Quest also uses the HP system in the FlashJetPro (in addition to the FlashJet which is a two cartridge HP), so does Verity systems (I believe the Endurajet is a clone of Verity’s)

There are not a lot of different print engines, just brands. Like blank discs :wink:

Here you go: from Verity Systems (British and American) resellers in the USA. :smiley:

CopyDisc Ice2 with Panther Bulk-ink, Dual Disc Print Station

Sigh :sad: it’s a HP engine too. With “bulk” cartridges. :wink:

Like the Microboards,R-Quest,All Pro, I know I’m missing several others

Oh here you go, don’t tell them I sent you :slight_smile:

http://www.microtech.com/Products/Inkjet.html

It does feature CIS

Copytrax Picasso is a good bet.

[QUOTE=ODPM-LTD.COM;2307906]Copytrax Picasso is a good bet.[/QUOTE]
very interesting suggestion. Have used one? Can you tell us more? :iagree:
:bow: I can’t tell anything about the ink and heads? bloody PDF is not coming up.:frowning:

[QUOTE=hooperap;2295119]
Any one got any tips on a production machine? Low ink cost is a plus with replaceable print heads as they do cause probs around 30,000 disks.[/QUOTE]

The Ice2 mentioned above uses the Panther printer, which has replaceable print heads.

[QUOTE=ParagonMA;2343002]The Ice2 mentioned above uses the Panther printer, which has replaceable print heads.

Yes I did mention that. You do get around don’t you :wink:

maybe you could tell us more about it :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=CDR Sam;2363522]Yes I did mention that. You do get around don’t you :wink:

maybe you could tell us more about it :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Yes I do get around :smiley:

Thinking about it the Ice2 may be a little out of budget and a bit of overkill in this case. Alternatives into the mix, would be the Verity Systems Ice range. Available with the Panther, but also fully interchangeable with other printers such as Puma (inket), or thermal printers such as Prism or Teac P-55

The Ice XC models are usually more expensive but offer a higher disc capacity

I have a new alea autoloader with HP based inkjet printer with a bulk ink system for sale. It does 300 at a time unattended and you just poor ink into the tanks. It has run about 400 discs and works great. They sell new for around $5000 US …we are asking $3500.00 if interested email me at info@alternate-root.com

PS… Its costs around 2 to 3 cents per full coverage full color copy. You won’t find a better deal on an automated system with full robot.It is the same printer as the Puma but comes with factory bulk ink tanks and all hoses built in from the factory. The client we bought it for went out of business so its up for sale and comes with everything to run it.

Hello,

Does anybody knows how to reset chip on Microboards PF PRO?

I would like to use ciss on this product, but I dont know if it is possible, because of reprogramed Hp88 cartridgets?

What do you think?

Hello, [B]Xstreamjet [/B]is really awsome.

Please tell me which autoloader do you recommend for automated printing?

Best regards

[QUOTE=CDR Sam;2307951]very interesting suggestion. Have used one? Can you tell us more? :iagree:
:bow: I can’t tell anything about the ink and heads? bloody PDF is not coming up.:([/QUOTE]

We have the IMT Marathon (original manufacturer of the Picaso).

Good machine 50 per hour. Has a CISS on it. Has a 300 disk autoloader so can run overnight. (unless it jams)

The print heads are expensitve, and is pretty much nearly half the printer. Based on Epson D88 Series (european). Needs replacing approx 20,000 disks.

see: www.imt.fr

For the quality and output I’ve found Rimage is one of the best printers and publisher out there. Their new units are pretty pricey but you can find used units like the Protege II models and Elite series different places. Plus they are thermal printers which cost a bit more for the print cartridges but save you in the long run because the per-disc-cost is lower and more reliable.

[QUOTE=blazschmidt;2479204]Hello,

Does anybody knows how to reset chip on Microboards PF PRO?

I would like to use ciss on this product, but I dont know if it is possible, because of reprogramed Hp88 cartridgets?

What do you think?[/QUOTE]
Check out :

Any one got any news on Verity systems uk and USA - the have just shut up shop?