Best audio grabber

vbimport

Audio Grabber
Audio Catalyst
Windac
Other

Would like every ones opinion on which is the best audio grabber to use have been told Audio Grabber or Windac, but have also come across another one called Audio Catalyst which a lot of sites are saying is the best . Never used any of them yet so might as well start with the best.

As long as it uses the Fraunhofer codec you can’t go wrong.

AudioCatalyst is a great program, it is fast and has good quality, though it isn’t the best quality out there.

yeah want speed use audiocatalyst
want quality use easy cd extractor.

I use AudioGrabber. But EAC is also a very good ripper, just doesn’t have all the neato interface as AG. [and free to].

Using audio grabber 1.80 and the hacked Fhg Radium MP3 codec v1.263 works great here :slight_smile:

EAC rips have better quality than audiograbber or audiocatalyst. I use it combined with LAME DLL…

Thanks to all who have replied to my question it seems to me that there is not much to choose between Audiograbber and audio catalyst both have the same interface and both are limited.although there is a crack out there somewhere. There is also EAC which someone else suggested and the best thing about this is it is not limited, you can select all tracks to out put if you like. but it is not as pretty to look at as the others,

live long and prosper !!!

:cool:

Tut tut, you all seem to have forgotten one other program which is good for ripping audio etc. The new Nero 5518. I have infact used previous version and had no problems. The truth is that Nero can compete with the likes of AudioCatalyst, as you now have a custom template for saving the tracks i.e. track no, name of song. On the older Nero’s your couldn’t do this. I hate to mention but I tried the CDDB with AudioCatalyst, and it didn’t find the album, Nero did :slight_smile: Travis The invisible Band.

I rest my case, the decision is yours :o )

Combination of EAC and Lame encoder is the best!!!

Each too their own :stuck_out_tongue:

Agree with The_Matrix EAC and Lame works for me very well.

As long as it hasnt anything to do with Xing either (shite)

:wink:

Has anyone used this program before? it say’s that lame 3.88 is a part of this program. Have never used lame & don’t really know what the hype is about, have done a compilation Cd (wave & Mp3’s)using audio grabber but the volume is still a bit up & down on some tracks mostly the mp3’s. Is it right to mix wave & Mp3’s? can’t see why not. Have yet to try Easy Cd-DA Extractor ! only just downloaded it, off to make some coasters till I get it right

Live Long & Prosper

cosmicray;)

AudioCatalyst is my choice :slight_smile:

i follow matrix

Audioactive Production Studio works great for me.

Originally posted by cosmicray
Would like every ones opinion on which is the best audio grabber to use have been told Audio Grabber or Windac, but have also come across another one called Audio Catalyst which a lot of sites are saying is the best . Never used any of them yet so might as well start with the best.

I suggest you to visit http://www.r3mix.net/ and decide yourself.

Anyway the best combination is EAC (Exact Audio Copy - http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/)
and Lame encoder (http://www.hot.ee/smpman/mp3/).

Good luck! :slight_smile: