Best audio converter

guys i want a have a simple audio converter which supports all audio formats …converting simple cd audio to mp3 and mp3 toaudio cd format…
i have powver video converter for videos but wt abt audios
i heard Easy CD-DA Extractor but any other software ???

Foobar2000

dbPowerAmp

CDEX as a CD ripper & converter.
Burrrn as a burner for mp3/wav to Audio CD.

thankss i will try these softwares :slight_smile:

CDEX with Lame is a great program use it for good quality stuff

I have had Easy CD-DA Extractor for years. Early version worked great then they slipped for a while. I think they had alot of complaints so they made some nice changes. Version is now up to 8.2.2 and works very well
http://www.poikosoft.com/

xilisoft audio converter. not the best, but the most useful.

He’s linking to a $60USD program that does the same thing as various other FREE tools.

Anyway, from HydrogenAudio.org, the general concensus is that Exact Audio Copy is the best CD ripper… LAME 3.97b1 is the best MP3 encoder… and if you want a tool to convert from any format to any other format, the Foobar2000 is the way to go.

here is a list of software i keep updated that you can choose from, all are tested, and first of all are all freeware. I have also included lighter versions of commercial software that offer advanced and unlimited features.

free software list

The title of the thread is “what is the best”,
Not whether it is free or not.
And @ winderxioue, What the hell does “not the best but the most useful” mean?

The title of the thread is “what is the best”,
Not whether it is free or not

isn’t free and good software not interesting ?

is it better not to place a link to the list ?

i’m new here and i don’t want to seem pretentious :wink:

Don’t get me wrong, I use as much free software as the next person and your free software list is great hardplay. I just thought "NRen2k5"s statement that winderxioue was an F#$&ing @$$hole was uncalled for. And I thought that winderxioue’s statement that “not the best but the most useful” was strange. I think the most useful would be the best.

ok nmpaulcp, enough said :wink:

Well forgive me, but as is usually the case, I believe that not only is he charging money for his software but he is probably using free software modules inside it, in violation of the terms of their licenses.

well you just got me curious, he charges 23usd, has also a trial version for evaluation.

these are the features:

Convert between MP3, M4A, WAV, WMA, MP4, MP2, VQF, APE, OGG, AAC and FLAC;
Convert AVI, MPEG, WMV, ASF to MP3, WAV, WMA, MP4, M4A, MP2, VQF, APE, OGG, AAC and FLAC;
Support batch conversion;
Copy ID3 tag between audio formats (reserve ID3 tag during conversion);
When converting to MP3, bitrate, VBR or CBR, stereo or mono are selectable;
You can select the compression method, sample rate, bitrate, stereo or mono

well it does have some nice options and all in all for 23 dollars, it’s quite an honest price, considering the online support etc.

Anyway you can do most of these things with free programs, but you won’t find one that will do all of those things together, you will have to use at least 3 or 4 free programs :wink:

I’m seeing alot of good things about EAC…how fast is it as well?

EAC is awesome for ripping, but slow compared to other progs.

if you want fast and quality use CDex :wink:

I agree, I found that EAC was incredibly slow when ripping from my CD-RW drive but almost as fast as CDex from my DVD-ROM.

I just convert using iTunes then burn to CD using the software that came with my computer (Sonic RecordNow!)