Best antivirus poll

vbimport

If you can post your reasons for supporting a certain company, it would be helpful.

NOD32 owns them all, light on resources, fast and catches everything :slight_smile:

Made by a slovakian company called Eset (www.eset.sk)

Norton.

Gets everything that comes my way. Although if it missed something would I know? Hmmmm.

GriSoft’s AVG

Better downloads than any Symantec product update.
Stable and not full of bugs like McAfee’s crap.

Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition

just a simple small and clean program with out all the crap from the consumer version.

the best one for clients. consume the least resources. easy installing and updating

I don’t trust anything else but Norton (although their other products leave a lot to be desired).

i’ve been using norton for a while now and have never been infected.

i’ve been practicing safe email habits, and never had a problem :stuck_out_tongue:

i practice safe email habits as well. i’d never get infected by an email attachment, but i use the antivirus against things that could infect u automatically, like infected webpages.

I really like Panda Platinum. Built in firewall that works great. Never had anything get through to system. DAILY signature updates. Minimal background cpu/memory usage even when scanning system. And best of all, excellent support from pandasoftware.

Other: None :slight_smile:
Never used one and never had a virus on any pc. I scan my pc’s sometimes, just to check, but no permanent installation :wink:
I never use outlook either :). And the firewall does a pretty good job to save me from things like the Blaster-virus etc.

McAfee, never had any virus.

Norton just messes up my system! :frowning:

All of Nortons products are intergrated with Windows. Norton and Microsoft have a very good relationship, so I think they would help each other out a bit by letting them know their way around the OS.

BUT… I think I remember reading something about Microsoft buying a Anti-Virus company from somewhere in Russia, which will be coming free with Microsoft’s future Operating Systems.

You forgot to incude in the pole the Russian Dr.Web, which has always been the Nero’s Antivirus Scanner.

as well as this one :

The mods can add it, but I was running out of options (10 max). :wink:

I suspect they may have the same problem too :o

nod32 best on world :stuck_out_tongue: wins all the tests

F-Secure.

i use panda antivirus …no problems with it …but i use to use nortons 2003 but it missed some viruses …even though antivirus definitions was up to date … so who knows …but like panda daily virus editions added …also for corporate version I use nortons 8.1 corporate

Originally posted by theone1_
BUT… I think I remember reading something about Microsoft buying a Anti-Virus company from somewhere in Russia, which will be coming free with Microsoft’s future Operating Systems.

Microsoft bought GeCAD, a Romanian software companie (not Russian) that made RAV.

i have used many antiviruses and had much experience with them, but the one i settled with was AVG. Not only is it free, but it uses much more less resources, doesnt mess with the system, catches as much as the norton, mcaffe etc… and doesnt integrate with windows too much.