Best anti virus

vbimport

Hi my friends,

I’d like to know your advise about best anti-virus, malware and spyware.
i actualy use Microsoft security essentials, but i heard this is not good anymore :frowning:
TIA

Eset Smart Security and Malwarebytes. That’s all you need.:flower:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2722946]Eset Smart Security and Malwarebytes. That’s all you need.:flower:[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much Alan! :flower:
All the best for you!

Hi :slight_smile:
Personally I’d rather go with

Avast Free Edition.

[Bitdefender Internet Security](Bitdefender Internet Security) Paid.

Take a look Here:

An antivirus and spyware blocker is NOT enough anymore these days…:disagree:
Got a zipped infected file a few days ago from someone,for testing purposes…Outpost Security Suite 9.1 Pro and Malwarebytes 2.0.0 beta didn’t catch it…but it was blocked by AppGuard from running from userspace…
Of course I had Shadow Defender enabled to prevent damage in case it could slip through my layered scurity…:wink:

[QUOTE=Learning More;2722945]i actualy use Microsoft security essentials, but i heard this is not good anymore :frowning:
TIA[/QUOTE]

And where did you hear that? For something that is free and a whole lot better then those paid yearly subscription that they do a “gotcah” on is way better. Only those paid A/V would make such claims I have year to see MSE do any worse then the paid program could do any better. It has alot less bloat and less resource intensive. Also it turns on your Windows Update something those other programs can’t do if the person forget to turn it on to keep Windows on AutoUpdate.

I just use the Windows firewall and MSE and edit my hosts file to block redirects and pops. And this has worked excellent for me since I made this switch.

[QUOTE=zebadee;2722952]Hi :slight_smile:
Personally I’d rather go with

Avast Free Edition.

[Bitdefender Internet Security](Bitdefender Internet Security) Paid.

Take a look Here:[/QUOTE]

Hello zebadee :slight_smile:

Thank you very much for your help :flower:

[QUOTE=roadworker;2722953]An antivirus and spyware blocker is NOT enough anymore these days…:disagree:
Got a zipped infected file a few days ago from someone,for testing purposes…Outpost Security Suite 9.1 Pro and Malwarebytes 2.0.0 beta didn’t catch it…but it was blocked by AppGuard from running from userspace…
Of course I had Shadow Defender enabled to prevent damage in case it could slip through my layered scurity…;)[/QUOTE]

Hi roadworker :slight_smile:

Thank you very much for your advice :flower:

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2722967]And where did you hear that? For something that is free and a whole lot better then those paid yearly subscription that they do a “gotcah” on is way better. Only those paid A/V would make such claims I have year to see MSE do any worse then the paid program could do any better. It has alot less bloat and less resource intensive. Also it turns on your Windows Update something those other programs can’t do if the person forget to turn it on to keep Windows on AutoUpdate.

I just use the Windows firewall and MSE and edit my hosts file to block redirects and pops. And this has worked excellent for me since I made this switch.[/QUOTE]

Hello coolcolors :slight_smile:

i did it here: http://www.howtogeek.com/173291/goodbye-microsoft-security-essentials-microsoft-now-recommends-you-use-a-third-party-antivirus/ :flower:

I’m on Windows 8 and I actually don’t use a virus scanner anymore (previously only MS Security Essentials). Once in a while I scan my computer with Trend Micro Housecall and that’s pretty much it. The last 15 years never been infected, but I should knock that off :wink:

[QUOTE=DoMiN8ToR;2722990]The last 15 years never been infected[/QUOTE]

That can be changed within 5 minutes…:bigsmile:
There is much mure advanced stuff now than virii…a periodic virusscan with only an online scanner is like playing Russian roulette for me…:eek:

I’m also on Win 8.1, and only use the built in Windows Defender.
Never had a single issue, and my system is clean.

[QUOTE=DoMiN8ToR;2722990]I’m on Windows 8 and I actually don’t use a virus scanner anymore (previously only MS Security Essentials). Once in a while I scan my computer with Trend Micro Housecall and that’s pretty much it. The last 15 years never been infected, but I should knock that off ;)[/QUOTE]

Hello my friend :flower:

i have to say you are a very lucky man… :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Dee;2722992]I’m also on Win 8.1, and only use the built in Windows Defender.
Never had a single issue, and my system is clean.[/QUOTE]

Hello Dee :flower:

I think you are also a very, very lucky woman :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Learning More;2722993]Hello my friend :flower:

i have to say you are a very lucky man… :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Learning More;2722994]Hello Dee :flower:

I think you are also a very, very lucky woman :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Or they don’t know that they are infected…:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=roadworker;2722995]Or they don’t know that they are infected…:bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

I know for sure my PC is clean from virus. :wink:

[QUOTE=roadworker;2722995]Or they don’t know that they are infected…:bigsmile:[/QUOTE]
Wendy knows how to surf the internet, and that a lot to do with it, once you have the experience Wendy does, you also will be able to surf cleanly and not be infected by a virus.:slight_smile:

Hi :slight_smile:
The problem here is that MS Security Essentials + (if you are using Windows 8) Windows Defender.
Neither program updates often enough.
I have on several occasions had an auto update from MS.
For some reason unknown, MS Essentials/Windows Defender has not always installed latest definitions.
Requiring a manual update.

That said I have never ever had any infections on any of my computers - laptops - mobiles etc.

Hi again my friends :flower:

The main reason i asked for your kind help was because i’ve seen this article: http://www.howtogeek.com/173291/good...rty-antivirus/ and i was afraid to have my computer without protection. By the way: my OS is Windows 7

i’m very grateful to all of you for all help you gave me :bow:

[QUOTE=Dee;2723030]I know for sure my PC is clean from virus. ;)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=alan1476;2723031]Wendy knows how to surf the internet, and that a lot to do with it, once you have the experience Wendy does, you also will be able to surf cleanly and not be infected by a virus.:)[/QUOTE]

I don’t want to question Dee’s capabilities…:disagree:
It’s just that common virii are only a piece of the total package of malware,and most of them are easily detected…
OTOH,there are rootkits,exploits,drive-by attacks which don’t trigger the conventional antivirus program.Lots of people that got the Cryptolock Ransom malware DID have an antivirus…
And as I said b4,the testfile I got from Sean,didn’t trigger either of my realtime and up to date malware detection programs…:disagree: