Best Anti-Sypware

vbimport

I’ve been using Lavasoft’s Ad-Aware for quite some time, but I would like to know if there’s any better choice in the market :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Lvsitano;2045391]I’ve been using Lavasoft’s Ad-Aware for quite some time, but I would like to know if there’s any better choice in the market :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

There is no one best spyware software out there each has it good and bad advantage. Other use more then one when scanning there computer to see what the other have missed in the scans to be on the safe side. But the best way to avoid spyware or malware is to not click on attachments in email or popups and to know what your downloading from clean sites. But a AV program with spyware or malware program should be the two best setups to have to catch much of those programs that try to install or get through the detection. But don’t forget a firewall as well this software will help you identify what could be a possible spyware or malware trying to call home.

I know there’s no perfect anti-spyware software. But there are ones better than others. Windows Defender is one of the worst in my opinion.

[QUOTE=Lvsitano;2045435]I know there’s no perfect anti-spyware software. But there are ones better than others. Windows Defender is one of the worst in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

That is the understatement to say the least … no one I can remember would even recommend to use windows defender. I doubt one is better then the other as each will find and scan and locate differently depending on how they were programmed to search for what spyware or malware.

Malwarebytes Antimalware and Superantispyware used together will catch most threats.

Spybot - Search & Destroy and Lavasoft’s Ad-Aware make a good combo.

:cool::cool:

In my opinion Spybot Search & Destroy and PcTools Spyware Doctor.

Yo-

Strongly recommend running the following [B]FREE[/B] programs together:

[B]ThreatFire

Spyware Terminator

Windows Defender 2[/B]

[QUOTE=Lvsitano;2045435]I know there’s no perfect anti-spyware software. But there are ones better than others.[/QUOTE]

Linux, *BSD, OS X…

Spybot is very good…possibly the best.

Ad-Aware has been paid to not pick up some tracking cookies…I don´t know if that is now in the past, but it is otherwise still very good. I run both.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3283&pid=17708&st=0&#entry17708

they’ve updated the database 720+ times in the last 3 months

about the best scanner right now

The best Anti-spyware is your brains! :slight_smile: