Best 40x Burner

vbimport

I am looking to buy a 40x burner that writes the most current safedisk. Please let me know which of these works best....

Plextor PlexWriter PX-4012TA 40/12/40 CD-RW
TEAC CD-W540E 40/12/48 CD-RW
LG GCE-8400B 40/12/40 CD-RW
Lite-On LTR-40125S 40/12/48 CD-RW

The Asus 40/12/48 kicks ass.

The best on the market at the moment.

Plextor PlexWriter PX-4012TA 40/12/40 CD-RW - pure quality, overpriced and overrated.
TEAC CD-W540E 40/12/48 CD-RW - pure quality, very good write quality.
LG GCE-8400B 40/12/40 CD-RW - The fastest.
Lite-On LTR-40125S 40/12/48 CD-RW - The cheapest?

The asus 40X is also very good.

> LG GCE-8400B 40/12/40 CD-RW - The fastest.

Even faster than LTR-40125S with P-CAV-Firmware?

That question can’t be answered properly since the P-CAV firmware isn’t finished. Maybe it’s faster (or slower) now but nobody knows how the final result will be… :slight_smile:

Originally posted by OC-Freak
[B]Plextor PlexWriter PX-4012TA 40/12/40 CD-RW - pure quality, overpriced and overrated.
TEAC CD-W540E 40/12/48 CD-RW - pure quality, very good write quality.
LG GCE-8400B 40/12/40 CD-RW - The fastest.
Lite-On LTR-40125S 40/12/48 CD-RW - The cheapest?

The asus 40X is also very good. [/B]

Over in Australia,the Lite-on’s are more expensive then most other CDRW’S yet the Asus and LG are more expensive than the Lite-on’s over where you are,weird hey.

It is strange, especially since Australia is closer to China and Taiwan then Europe is…
The freight-cost should be lower one might think…
You probably got some weirdo distributor down there! :wink:

BTW, what would you pay for a Lite-On 40x or a ASUS 40x in Australia?
Maybe it’s cheepass compared to our prices…
Then you have no right to complain! :smiley:

BTW, what would you pay for a Lite-On 40x or a ASUS 40x in Australia?

I got my Asus 4012a for $221 AUD which equals $121 US dollars as where the lite-on 40x is between $250-$270 AUD which equals $137-$148 US.Yet i’ve seen on US sites the 40x lite-on for $83 dollars US on(www.newegg.com)

It’s funny that it would be cheaper for me to order the lite-on from the US,pay to ship it over and i would still be in front by atleast 50 to 80 bucks if not more.

Here is the Norwegian prices: (not 100% correct maybe, but close).

Plextor PlexWriter PX-4012TA 40/12/40 CD-RW - pure quality, overpriced and overrated. $150 USD+
TEAC CD-W540E 40/12/48 CD-RW - pure quality, very good write quality. $130 USD
LG GCE-8400B 40/12/40 CD-RW - The fastest. $125 USD
Lite-On LTR-40125S 40/12/48 CD-RW - The cheapest? $95 USD

The asus 40X is also very good. $125 USD

Seems like the Lite-On have a large advantage here :wink:

I don’t think the Lite-on 40X will be faster than the LG. Lite-On starts writing at around 18,5X while the LG starts at 20,5X. But the Lite-On is a faster reader :wink:

Yeah but which is better for making backups of the newer versions of safedisk…

If correct EFM encoding is one of the important things for you, look into Lite-On and most likely asus and LG as well. Skip plextor and TEAC, they do not support it.

I would say that the TEAC is better than all of the others. Plextor costs too much and is overated. The LiteOn is very good and cheap, but it isn’t as fast as the TEAC. The ASUS is average at best, stay away from it if possible.

Here’s an interesting benchmark covering most of your options. This should lean you towards a TEAC. :wink:

http://www.cdrlabs.com/reviews/index.php?reviewid=120&page=Performance

I would say that the TEAC is better than all of the others. Plextor costs too much and is overated. The LiteOn is very good and cheap, but it isn’t as fast as the TEAC. The ASUS is average at best, stay away from it if possible.

The TEAC is the slowest 40x at doing DAE,it may have fast seek times but isn’t the faster burner on the market.TEAC is also more expensive than the others expect Plextor and tho it does support Mount Rainier it falls short on other things like Overburn etc.

And as for ASUS being average,lol,ASUS is no where near average.It may not be the fasts 40x burner but makes up for it in it’s abillity to fly though protected games.

Also,unless you are mass producing cd’s in which most off people on this forum are not,the speed differences between all the major brands of burners(40x)is a few seconds.

Just coz it the fastest doesn’t mean it’s the best.

ASUS are good, but to expensive. You pay for more then you get.
Atleast on this side of the globe…

Yes, asus and TEAC have near the same price here…

I would picked the TEAC then(even if it’s not the best at backing up games).

I would picked the TEAC

If i was you,i’d pick the Lite-on,it’s cheaper.

Hahahahaha.

TEAC is much better than te ASUS. :wink:

Your best bet is to inquire at your local computer builder and check with him what are the brands that cause least grief for installation, the least RMAs with the best return policy for the best price.

Here right now, it’s got to be the Lite-ONs. And I can tell you, I had a couple of Plextors before and this Lite-ON 40125S gave better result right out of the box on the same media burning the same title at 20X than my old 1210A was at 8X! (Mixed mode game CD, audio and data).

Best all-around burner for general use at this time is got to be the Lite-ON 40125S with ZS0A firmware. Excellent and fast for audio (extraction and writing), excellent for data of course, plenty good for games, not too fussy with media, inexpensive (you can sell your old Plextor used and get yourself a new Lite-ON with the proceeds!) and may even be usable reliably someday in P-CAV writing mode.

Just my $0.02…