BenQ1640 can't read DVD

Hello Friends,

I have two quick questions: 1), My BenQ1640 can’t read the speacial feature disc of “The Last Samurai” at all but it read the movie disc fine, what maybe the problem here?

1. Can I use DVDDecrypter or DVDShrink to burn a DVD-R or +R DL? If so, would someone kindly walk me through the process please. If not, what software do I need to burn a DL disc after using DVDDecryptor and DVDShrink to prepare the files?

Thank you,
Techson

There are a ton of guides right here:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72

Welcome to the forum

chas0039,

Thanks for the post. Indeed, it is rich. I appreciate the link. I know how to use DVDDecrypter and DVDShrink to back up single sided disc already. I am just not sure whether these two softwares can burn a DL disc. Any additional (specific) suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

Anyone with tips/suggestions for my 1st question would be much appreciated.

Best,
Techson

I have used this site for other guides but not for DL with DVDDecrypter

Try it as it may well help you

http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/Copying%20a%20Dual%20Layer%20DVD%20in%20DVD%20Decrypter.pdf

Anonymous999,
Thanks. That seems very intrigueing. I will give it a try and see. It doesn’t seem to be that much different from what I have been doing with SL discs, so lets hope it works; unless others here have already tried this method before, kindly share your experiences here. I have the DL burner now, but have yet any known DL burning software, so I have not purchased any DL discs. I appreciate this information and hope for the best.

My 1st question above still stands. I don’t understand why a stand alone DVD player would read the special feature OK, but not my BenQ1640 (won’t even see the disc).

Again, I appreciate any thought and suggestions.

Best,
Techson

Moderator,

May I have this post moved over to the BenQ forum, a more appropriate place and hoping for more exposure please.

Thanks,
Techson

Moderator,

Is there away that I can move this post over to the BenQ forum myself? If so, kindly, let me know, and I will take care of it. I just don’t want to double post here and there.

Thank you,
Techson