Benq WD1640 BSRB Burner Error

[qanda]This thread is about the BenQ DW1640. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi All, This is my first post, I bought a DELL GX620 Pentium 4 HT PC Philips DVD8701 DVD±RW Drive, but I was having burning problems so I flashed the firmware to Benq DW1640 BSRB. I’m trying to burn a DVD DL Disk with DVD Cloner 6. Burning stops half way then a error message pops up. I’m trying to work out if it’s DVD Cloner problem, Media Problem or the DVD Drive. I did however managed to burn one DVD+RW DL successfully. The media I have been using is TDK and Imation. I already wasted about 5 DVD DL Discs. Another thing is I don’t have much disc space in the PC it only come with 80GB, but I’m using my external hard drive ( With it’s own power adapter ) for DVD Cloner to keep the image there while it’s burning, It needs about 50GB HD space I have about 200GB free on the external Hard disc. Could that be the problem? Thank you for your time in advance. Tone

Hi and welcome Static100,
Your drive is old and probably doesn’t like the new media, so my suggestion is to get some verbatim media, and if you can find some 2.4x Made in Singapore it would be great for this drive.

Thanks for the advice vroom, I’ll give that a go.

That worked !!! Thank you vroom, I successfully burnt 5 DVD DL Movies with Verbatim DVD+R DL 2.4x.

[QUOTE=Static100;2240635]That worked !!! Thank you vroom, I successfully burnt 5 DVD DL Movies with Verbatim DVD+R DL 2.4x.[/QUOTE]

That’s nice :clap:, so may i suggest that you stock some of those 2.4x media to have for a future use.

[QUOTE=vroom;2240104]Your drive is old and probably doesn’t like the new media…[/QUOTE]

Even new drives don’t like the new media.

Verbatim is always the best recommended dual-layer media, irrespective of the drive or it’s age.

[QUOTE=negritude;2240835]Even new drives don’t like the new media.

Verbatim is always the best recommended dual-layer media, irrespective of the drive or it’s age.[/QUOTE]

:iagree: