BenQ Scans

I was wondering if it is normal when scanning with BenQ’s to get the quick PiE spikes up to 4 and sometimes 6? I have seen this before and wonder if it is normal.

I got a BenQ 1620 and 1625 and dont think they are as good at scanning as my LiteOn 6s.

Thanks

[QUOTE=BoSox2882;1916045]I was wondering if it is normal when scanning with BenQ’s to get the quick PiE spikes up to 4 and sometimes 6? I have seen this before and wonder if it is normal.[/QUOTE]
This is normal for real BenQ drives with a Philips chipset.

[QUOTE=BoSox2882;1916045]I was wondering if it is normal when scanning with BenQ’s to get the quick PiE spikes up to 4 and sometimes 6? I have seen this before and wonder if it is normal.
[/QUOTE]

Yes you must learn the difference between a PIF Sum8 Scanner (BenQ) and a PIF Sum1 scanner (LiteOn, Plextor). The limiting value of PIF max. 4 is only for Sum1 scanners correct.

So my LiteOn I shouldn’t get spikes higher than 4? What about the BenQ? Here is a BenQ scan.

[QUOTE=BoSox2882;1916582]So my LiteOn I shouldn’t get spikes higher than 4?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

[QUOTE=BoSox2882;1916582]
What about the BenQ? Here is a BenQ scan.[/QUOTE]

Good burn no problem with that. There is no law for PIF max with a SUM8 scanner. Theoretical a PIF max. of 32 (8 x 4) could be within the spec… But cause that is very unlikely you must set a lower value. I’m satisfied when a PIF max in a BenQ scan is below 10.

Below 10? What should it be exactly? 4 for the LiteOn is there a set limit on the BenQ’s?

[QUOTE=BoSox2882;1916849]Below 10? What should it be exactly? 4 for the LiteOn is there a set limit on the BenQ’s?[/QUOTE]

10 is my personal PIF max limit for a good BenQ scan. As explained there exist no official limiting value for PIF Sum8 scanners. Cause the PIF max value of the BenQ represents the sum of 8 sectors in a row instead of the only one sector of a LiteOn PIF max value, you can’t set 4 as limit, and a higher value instead.

[QUOTE=BurningFish;1916917]10 is my personal PIF max limit for a good BenQ scan.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much the same for me.