BenQ releases firmware B7M9 firmware for DW1620

I just posted the article BenQ releases firmware B7M9 firmware for DW1620.

Two days ago we released the review on the BenQ DW1620 which received our editors choice award. In this review we were using an unreleased firmware and today BenQ has made this available…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/9329-BenQ-releases-firmware-B7M9-firmware-for-DW1620.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/9329-BenQ-releases-firmware-B7M9-firmware-for-DW1620.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

That is NOT the benq change log, you edited it. How about showing it as Benq wrote it rather then some CDF filtered version.:r

he is right this is the official BenQ post Release Reasons: 1. Supported higher PI/PO/Jitter reading speed with certain software. (DVDInfo Pro v3.32 & CD-DVD Speed v3.42) 2. Supported media TE/FE signal detection with BenQ special tool. 3. Modified the writing strategy for TY [TAIYO YUDEN] CD-R media. 4. Fixed the compatibility issue with n-Force IDE driver.

How STRANGE this is! Why does this censorship exist CDfreaks?

Its about time the admins took control of their forum. They are becoming the laughing stock of the optical and IT industry, when they allow this sort of rubbish to continue.

Hello NicW, As you might know there are some unresolved issues between you and some of our ex-staff members. We really dislike it when software authors use our PM system to call names like: You are such a wanker/ 'F*cking loser. As we feel that our visitors can get the functionality that has been added in this new BenQ firmware also from the free ( also as in ad free) Nero CD/DVD Speed, I don’t see anything against editting the changelog. We often edit changelogs to fix spelling mistakes, make them better readable, and we allow our editors to do it as long as the interests of our visitors are not hurt, our visitors come first. We do not state that we are quoting it from the BenQ website and in the original thread and on the BenQ website people can find more (official) information. Of course you can always find a reference to the original source of the information. Until these issues are resolved we will not promote your software, I hope you will understand. For other visitors not aware: All people posting reactions on this post are friends of NicW.

quote "We often edit changelogs to fix spelling mistakes, make them better readable, and we allow our editors to do it as long as the interests of our visitors are not hurt, our visitors come first. " Better readable? How ironic ! :wink:

Dominator, So let me get this right, because they are unresolved issues which you refuse to resolve, you allow your mods or ex-mods to post piracy information on your forum and that is ok, but you wont promote a product and somehow that is my fault. You then make an even crazier claim that anyone posting good things about the program is a friend. Thats all fine, keep doing what you are doing, and your forum will look more and more unprofessional.

Changelogs of non native English software developers can be terrible sometimes. Also the layout and lenght of some changelogs can be pretty disturbing when we wouldn’t edit them :wink:

Unfortunately you are pulling my words out of context.

So let me get this right, because they are unresolved issues which you refuse to resolve
I’ve never said I would not like to resolve the issue. I’m always open to discussion. You could send me a -complaint free - email and asking for an explanation instead of keep repeating that we make ourselves look unprofessional. Any long time visitor of our site will know that we never have been against anyone if it wasn’t for a reason and have always been reasonable in any dispute.
you allow your mods or ex-mods to post piracy information on your forum and that is ok
I don’t believe that modifying one’s own registry is piracy. However, in case you didn’t see it yet, I have moved the thread to a location that is not public to our visitors in order to make sure that it’s legal.
but you wont promote a product and somehow that is my fault.
Yes, because there are some unresolved issues that I would like gladly explain to you - by email - before you accuse me of accusing you in public for things you’ve never done.
You then make an even crazier claim that anyone posting good things about the program is a friend.
I don’t claim this at all. I only claim the people who have posted above my earlier reaction are friends of yours.
Thats all fine, keep doing what you are doing, and your forum will look more and more unprofessional
Due to the ealier mentioned resolved issues we believe that we should not help promoting your software. As you can see we don’t censor you and I invite you to send me an email to resolve these issues. And the last thing I have to say is that sending PM’s to ex-staff members of our site with the wording you are using is not professional either and I would like to ask you to stop doing that.
[edited by DoMiN8ToR on 28.10.2004 23:54]

if and when your ex-staff members stop promoting piracy of a product on your forum I will consider your request I suggest we take up discussions offline.

I don’t believe that modifying one’s own registry is piracy. However, in case you didn’t see it yet, I have moved the thread to a location that is not public to our visitors in order to make sure that it’s legal.
Do you seriously want to resolve this issue or? You should understand that I have no gain from a discussion with you at the moment and I’m only willing to spend a limited amoun of time on it. Only to give you a fair chance like everyone deserves.

>>that I have no gain from a discussion >>with you at the moment and I’m only >>willing to spend a limited amoun of time on it Then it seems its like I said before, you seem unwilling to want to resolve this, and will go on supporing ex-staff or staff in such questionable behaviour. So the tables are turned. I will spend as much time as it is necessary to resolve any dispute with any person. You however must now make the first move and email me.

I’m sorry if I was unclear. But of course you should also quote the rest of the text:

You should understand that I have no gain from a discussion with you at the moment and I’m only willing to spend a limited amoun of time on it. Only to give you a fair chance like everyone deserves.
I’m of course willing to spend anytime needed to resolve the dispute, I’m not willing to spend a lot of time on the discussion about wheter or not I want to resolve the issue. Again I’ve not much to gain from it which is the reason I’m not going to email you. But again, I am willing to try to resolve it. Anyway there’s always a space in my mailbox for a mail from you. Take it or leave it I’d say?

I will consider an email. However, nothing to gain? 100,000 downloads per month and growing at an substancial rate, website hit rate over a millon visits per month. I woul say not only do you have a lot to gain, you could have a lot to lose.

"I’m sorry if I was unclear. But of course you should also quote the rest of the text: " Irony again Isn’t this how the whole debate started?

i’m pretty sure CDF’s are doing fine without your spyware nicw :slight_smile:

" I’m always open to discussion"

Hi alex, nice to see you’re still reading our news. If there are unresolved issues then feel free to email me anytime to get not more offtopic.

BTW… nice to see the B7M9 firmware out officially now :B