Benq Lovers...don't Miss The Deal Of The Century!

MicroCenter is selling Benq dw-1640 Retail for…

YOU GUYS WON’T BELIEVE IT!!!
$39.99 out of the door…NO REBATES!!!

:wink:

Yea that’s right!!! There’s another thread about this. I read it, thought the price was 59.99, went to check anyways. At checkout, the register rang the price up at 39.99!!! LOL let’s just say I was FREAKING THRILLED. Too bad their inventory (about 50 of them) were all beige. No black faceplates. But for the price, Im not complaining.

BTW the store i went to is in Tustin, CA.

yeah!!! to bad no black face plates…but who cares!!! I still can’t believe they’re selling retail for that price!!! Might as well give it away free!!! :smiley: How far will the price of these dvd recorders drop?

I’m not complaining!!! :wink:

this deal is a ymmv (your mileage may vary). posted on the wallet. sale flyer listed the 1620 out the door, but people are pullin the 1640 for $39.99 otd good luck.

Wow. $4 cheaper than bulk! not bad.

ok, am heading back there

nice price for retail. too bad it’s like 50 min drive for the house.

Too bad theres not one within driving distance for me, it would have too be pretty close with these gas prices anyway.
Budzos

Thanks for the info. I just ran out of my house about 25 minutes before Microcenter closed and picked up a 1640 for 39.99 before closing.

Someone is going to be sorry when this error is caught. Online is still $59. Clearly they meant to dump the 1620.

I dunno, maybe its me but i tried a BenQ dvd burner and it didnt last one burn., Ive burned thousands of disks with LG burners and decided to try a Benq for the price and now i know why they are so cheap, You get what you pay for.

Just my experience.

Lol. First off, sorry to hear of your bad experience. You didn’t mention which model Benq it was. If 1620, then there are plenty of people who can share your sentiment. However, there are also plenty who have gone through the RMA process to get a solid performing replacement. But, that’s your call.

Second … as for getting what you pay for. So, then, by your logic, paying the extra for the Plextor rebadged 1640 is giving you more return for you money than buying a Benq 1640? Both drives are the same drive. Two different prices. Granted, you get some Plextor branded tools to use with their drive and you can use their firmware.

If the NEC 3540 is priced say $5 more than a Benq 1640 … does that mean it’s $5 more of quality than Benq is?

What about when Newegg drops their prices for a day? Did their Benq’s all of sudden drop in quality?

I just don’t think it’s fair to ‘cheapen’ a brand by calling it ‘cheap’ just because they offer a competitive price for their product. If you want to single out a specific model, then do so. The one thing that separates CDFreaks from the rest of the pack is you can get away with talking in generalities elsewhere … but not here. I think that’s why people appreciate the more technical, in depth assessments and help you’ll find here. Versus the generic “works great”, “every burn is perfect”, etc … with no rhyme or reason to quantify what they mean.

Anyways … Re. Benq products … if you don’t want to buy it and are disgusted with the experience you had, then I won’t blame. I doubt anyone else would.

But, you at least owe it to yourself (considering the investment you’ve already made) to at least look into getting a replacement. Part of what you’re paying for is the warranty. So, why not?

Neeways … rant concluded. :slight_smile:

Feelin Lucky,

Saw this post yesterday evening, went to work and a new gas station just opened. Price per gallon was $2.29, elsewhere $2.49.

Went to MicroCenter here in Houston during lunch. They also had about 50 BenQ 1640’s, all Beige. Picked one up, rung up at $39.99, circular in the store showed $59.99 for the drive.

Didn’t really save $20 though, on the way out, MicroCenter had DL Verbs on sale for $10.99 for a three pack. Needless to say, I picked up 2 packs.

Thanks swifty7.

If you want one you better hurry up. I called last night and ask if they had the 1640 in stock and then ask if they were 39.95 and the guy said yes and they have about 50 so i went there about 7pm today :eek: and they only had about 5 left.

Picked up a 1640 for $40 at the Santa Clara, Ca store tonight. There were four left on the sheld. Anyone know where I can get a black face plate?

Both me and my brother bought one first day!!! :wink:

I couldn’t believe it when the cashier guy told me it was only 39.99!!! I only wish they had the black one!!!

As they say at Slick Deals, never call to ask about the price…like in this case.

No MicroCenter even close to me, boooh hooooh. I hate you guys!!!

Wish Micro Center was not so FAR from me. There is one in Tustin, California. I am in Los Angeles. Would love me a beige one for my main PC. :iagree:

Yo-

Actually saved even more by buying at Newegg-

Newegg shipped price = $47 plus $3.41 tax = $50.41

Micro Center price = $40 plus $3.30 tax = $43.30

Gas price = $2.75 per gallon

Miles to nearest Micro Center = 42 one way or 84 round trip - MPV gets 20mpg = 4.2 gallons of gas x $2.75 per gallon = $11.55 so $43.30 plus $11.55 = $54.85 at Micro Center versus $50.41 from Newegg for a savings of $4.44 plus wear and tear on the vehicle - the two hours of my time and avoiding the temptations that would be presented at Micro Center - which would probably cost another $150 to $200-

Mike