BenQ EW164B not supported in CD-DVDSpeed!

vbimport

I have a EW164B/MREC that gets an error message of “Parameter value invalid (052602)” in Nero CD-DVDSpeed 4.0 and 4.51.1 when I try to run a disc quality scan.
Anyone have similar problems or a fix for this issue? :confused:

MREC is a DQ60 firmware, are you sure you have an EW164B?

Sorry my poor English!I copy the MRCE.Sure,I have a new EW164B.How fix the
problem!

You cannot have MREC firmware on a BenQ 164B. That is firmware for the BenQ DQ60 and it doesn’t have the right chipset to do quality scanning.

Hi :slight_smile:
Welcome to the forum ching9009. :clap:
If you really have a BenQ 164B. Then the drive or f/w isn’t the problem. Neither is CD/DVDSpeed (regardless of version). The 164B is USB only, that’s why you cannot do Disc Quality scans.

Sorry! the message like this…

That is BEGB firmware not MREC and what Zebadee said is true, the one I have is a Sony 810UL external crossflashed to BenQ164B and it is a firewire connection and does do quality scanning.

Thanks! But I don’t understand the 164B USB Only , that’s why I cannot do Disc Quality scans.If 164B is usb1.1.

164B is USB 2. Obviously if your pc is 1.1 then that’s what your going to get.

My pc is usb2.0. Does EW164B like EW162i is the same ALI M5621 chipset?

BenQ 1640 can flash as EW164B. If real EW164b can flash as BenQ 1640.

I’m sorry I don’t know too much about chipsets, except prolific appears to be the one for most users. If you had a 162I before without problems. Then you should get similar results with 164B, Using CD/DVDSpeed do a transfer & burst rate test. You should get a smooth transfer line & burst rate of around 24Mbs.

Does EW164B be prolific chipset?I am not sure!

Hi,

Then this is a restriction of the Benq drive or its USB/IDE bridge chipset.
I have a Sony DW-G120A (Liteon 165P6S clone) connected via USB (Cypress chipset), and it is indeed capable to do quality scanning.

Michael

In my post I state that the problem here is not the drive (1640 but with external f/w[BEFB/BFGB]) or the s/w. But the fact it is USB only. If a firewire option was available then no problem. So the problem is chipset related in this case. But has worked with some setups with mixed/inconsistant results.
You’ll note that I don’t state disc quality is not supported, because it is. Just problematic. I reaklse that this was not clear in my original post " The 164B is USB only, that’s why you cannot do Disc Quality scans." meant in this case the OP problem was this, plus to imply that if firewire had’ve been an option. This would offer a solution.

Hi, too :slight_smile:

And this is something I don’t understand. My drive is USB only, too and scanning is no problem, at least with CD/DVD speed.

So the problem is chipset related in this case.
You mean the USB/IDE bridge chipset? I’d agree with that.

plus to imply that if firewire had’ve been an option. This would offer a solution.
Or another bridge chipset :wink:

Michael

Thanks! :stuck_out_tongue: Transfer line & burst rate like this…