I have just purchased an EW164B USB2 burner and am having problems getting CDSpeed to perform a disk quality test. Within seconds it errors with a “Parameter Value Invalid (052602)” error.
I am running this connected to an HP NC6000 laptop with XP Pro SP2, Nero 126.96.36.199, CDSpeed 4.11 with no other USB devices connected. I have searched through the forums and on google and can find lots of stuff about enclosure chipsets and ASPI layers causing this problem so I checked:
- No ASPI other than Nero ASPI as both NERO and System ASPI.
- No upper/lower filters other tham IMAP and Redbook.
- NC6000 drivers, BIOS and XP all up to date.
- No VSO PCouffin drivers installed.
- Latest EW164B FW - BEGB.
- Changed USB Ports (there are 2 on the NC6000) - Still errors.
- Changed USB cable - Still errors.
- Tried via an external USB2.0 4 port hub - Still errors.
What bridge chipset the EW164B uses I cannot determine, but one would have thought that Benq would ensure that all the functions of the supplied software package (Nero OEM) work with their drive.
The scan disk and TRT tests work fine from CDSpeed but not the disk quality test. I have done everything I can think of short of re-installing the OS which I do not want to have to do. Burns from the EW164B on MCC03RG20 that I have scanned on my DW1620 at home are all great but I really would like to be able to scan on the EW164B.
Does anyone have any bright ideas or am I doomed