BENQ DW200S Firmware for LiteOn 20A1S?

vbimport

Hi all.
Does anyone here know where I can get the firmware for BENQ DW200S?

I’ve heard that this firmware should be able to crossflash a LiteOn 20A1S drive, and I’d like to try that as my LiteOn drive is not able to detect Verbatim DL DVD+R discs (MKM 003).

Does anyone in this forum have more information on this? Or know where I could get the firmware from? I’ve tried searching for it but all the links leading to the firmware seem dead.

Any help appreciated, thanks! :slight_smile:

[quote=raggedjagged;2143573] I’ve tried searching for it but all the links leading to the firmware seem dead.
[/quote]

Oh really? What’s this then?

i like this one [though it is not benq firmware]

[QUOTE=KTL;2143634]Oh really? What’s this then?[/QUOTE]
Excuse me… I asked for a DW200S firmware, not a modified firmware. I need to crossflash my drive from a LiteON 20A1S to a stock Benq DW200S, as per the topic.

[QUOTE=troy512;2143644]i like this one [though it is not benq firmware][/QUOTE]
I’ve already tried those firmwares but they still do not enable my drive to detact Verbatim 8x DL DVD+RW discs.

If anyone has any info, I’d greatly appreciate it.

Well, when you consider disc recognition and disc recognition ALONE, you actually get the same performance out of that modified firmware as you would with the stock. It makes no difference.

Taking the modified DW200S firmware would allow you to see if your drive acted any differently or not with BenQ firmware–it IS BenQ firmware.

[quote=raggedjagged;2143759]Excuse me… I asked for a DW200S firmware, not a modified firmware. I need to crossflash my drive from a LiteON 20A1S to a stock Benq DW200S, as per the topic.
[/quote]
Oh really? Where in your post did you specifically state you want an original vs. modified? Even your topic doesn’t indicate it. :rolleyes: It is only now that you’ve asked for a stock one.

[QUOTE=Albert;2143869]Well, when you consider disc recognition and disc recognition ALONE, you actually get the same performance out of that modified firmware as you would with the stock. It makes no difference.

Taking the modified DW200S firmware would allow you to see if your drive acted any differently or not with BenQ firmware–it IS BenQ firmware.[/QUOTE]
Okay, so I’d assume it’s okay to crossflash directly to that modified firmware?

[QUOTE=KTL;2143879]Oh really? Where in your post did you specifically state you want an original vs. modified? Even your topic doesn’t indicate it. :rolleyes: It is only now that you’ve asked for a stock one.[/QUOTE]
I asked for a DW200S firmware, why did you have to assume I was asking for a modified one? In any case, you could have decided to be more helpful by saying “Try out these modified firmwares, they should work the same” (like how Albert helpfully did above) instead of giving me useless attitudes like “oh really?”, or rolling eyes, blah blah blah. Oh, and did you consider the fact that I might have already come across that thread with the modified firmwares, but skipped it in search for the stock firmware?

I friggin [I]hate [/I]people who feel the need to show their attitudes on internet forums… grow up!

[QUOTE=raggedjagged;2143887]Okay, so I’d assume it’s okay to crossflash directly to that modified firmware?[/QUOTE]Backup your current firmware and EEPROM with the Flash Utility and the EEPROM Utility, respectively. That way, you have a virtual “snapshot” of your drive as it was before you flashed. But yes, you should be able to flash directly to modified firmware without flashing anything else. [You may also require the Flash Utility to flash the new firmware.] :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot Albert! I just tried it, and it flashed successfully. :slight_smile:

However, it still doesn’t detect my media, so it’s a no go. New drive I guess!