BenQ DW1670 DVD Burner Preview

I just posted the article BenQ DW1670 DVD Burner Preview.

CDFreaks is happy to present a sneak preview of the BenQ DW1670 DVD writer. This new offering from the Taiwanese ODD powerhouse BenQ boasts the following write specifications: 5x DVD-RAM, 8x/6x DVD±R DL, 16x DVD±R, 8x/6x DVD±RW, 48x CD-R, 32x CD-RW. Take a look at this drive’s performance before it is even released!

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/review/122-BenQ-DW1670-DVD-Burner-Preview/](http://www.cdfreaks.com/review/122-BenQ-DW1670-DVD-Burner-Preview/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

I dont know. First a Matsushita chipset in the DQ60 and now a Panasonic in the 1670? Like the saying goes, “If it aint broke dont fix it”!:c

Those Maxell +R16X media are trash!! Neither my Benq or Plextor 716 can burn them…:S So the problem is the media itself… Can wait for those babies burning on the forum!:*

the max write speed for -r9 is 6x, on the first site it says 4x. also it looks lik the 1633s produces the pif spikes in some scans, a newer firmware would be nice. overall a nice drive, but it’s too early to make any conclusion.

What about Quality Scans? It was a nice bonus for BenQ users.

:slight_smile:

Will all new BenQ drives be using a Panasonic chipset or will Philips eventually produce a new Nexperia chip that can support DVD-RAM?

very nice,mhhh panasonic in - dvd-ram burns out,nice,also “Auto BookType to DVD-ROM”. All in all for now B+

When should we expect the drive to be released? Anytime before Summer? Maybe earlier?

I didn’t use any Maxell +R16x media in this preview. The only Maxell media I used was the 5x DVD-RAM.

click here for answer [edit: fixed link]
[edited by Wesociety on 03.03.2006 03:22]

Unknown at this time. Many have speculated that Philips might be against supporting the DVD-RAM format.

I would make a guess and say late April or early March. Of course this may vary depending on your location.

Same company mate. Matsushita is the parent of Panasonic, National, Technics.

i hope this will be out soon! When will we see a full review?:B

No 18x or 20x? :wink:

salam :slight_smile:

firmware sony dru 820a

Trojan detected in version 5.2c

Not even details on how to get it out of your explorer shell after ‘uninstalling’ the program, which hides from all removal tools. Try searching for that on the Net and get unrelated results, which always happens with a search.