BenQ dw1655 - whats best media and where?

vbimport

I just ordered a benQ1655 from newegg and should be arriving monday. I was curious what is the best or most reliable media (dvd or cd) to use for this model? Also can anyone provide any links to places to buy this media? What is a good price to be paying for disc as well? I have read several topics, albeit most seem to be old topics, that say Verbatim and Y something are the best. But then people talk about mcc cmc cma …manufacturing plants… etc… what should i be looking for to use with this particular burner? sorry for such the noobish questions. I have been reading tons of posts and havn’t really assertained a concrete answer with regards to this particular burner.

Thanks so much,

Scott

Welcome to cdfreaks, Scott.

Get a Verbatim 16x DVD+R from Bestbuy (on sale this week) and burn it at 8x or 12x. Alternatively, you can order Taiyo Yuden 8x or 16x DVD+R at rima.com (here) also burn them at 8x or 12x.

Thanks for the advice. I see you referred me to the +R. Any particular reason not the -R’s.

BenQs in general seem to prefer +R media to -R, in that they [I]generally[/I] give better scanning results which would indicate that they are burnt better than the -R equivalent (Not always of course).

Oh, Thank you so much for this thread!

I’m in exactly the same situation as the OP exceptin’ I ordered the Verbatim disks & am looking at ordering the BenQ. Now that I know the combo works well I’m placing the order. Yeah, I know a bit turned around but I got to the same place. :rolleyes:

The Office max deal is a 50 pack Verbatim (16x +R) for $15 + free shipping with orders over $50. I got 4 packs.

adapa, welcome to CD Freaks! :slight_smile:

You are well on the way to some good burns by combining a BenQ and Verbatim 16x DVD+R media. :iagree:

Let us know how it turns out!

thanks for the encouragement.

I burn a lot of bike races (& other stuff off the TV) so 'tis the season. I just hope I’m able to get this up & running quickly, the Tour de France is gonna be starting soon.

I’ve got a NEC 3520a but it’s burning veerrry slowwly. BTW, thanks for the suggestions on that other forum, it wasn’t a DMA/PIO issue.

I just ordered a benQ1655 from newegg and should be arriving monday. I was curious what is the best or most reliable media (dvd or cd) to use for this model? Also can anyone provide any links to places to buy this media? What is a good price to be paying for disc as well? I have read several topics, albeit most seem to be old topics, that say Verbatim and Y something are the best. But then people talk about mcc cmc cma …manufacturing plants… etc… what should i be looking for to use with this particular burner? sorry for such the noobish questions. I have been reading tons of posts and havn’t really assertained a concrete answer with regards to this particular burner.

Thanks so much,

VERBAT MC004, STAPLES 8X +R CMC AE 01, SONY MIJ all do well in my BQs and PIOs. Stay away from the Staples -R 8X media.