BenQ DW1650 - Noticed with PIFs

I haven’t got any scans handy apart from those already on the site…but I’ve noticed a tendency with my 1650 to burn/scan back with more PIFs in the first 1.5Gb and especially the first 500Mb. And this is with all types of blank DVDs.

I’m not suggesting it’s creating bad burns because the overwhelming majority are very good…but for example on a full burn T03 with say 700 PIF, the bulk will be in that first 1.5Gb.

Has anyone seen something similar?

[QUOTE=IdontexistM8;1953963]I haven’t got any scans handy apart from those already on the site…but I’ve noticed a tendency with my 1650 to burn/scan back with more PIFs in the first 1.5Gb and especially the first 500Mb. And this is with all types of blank DVDs.

I’m not suggesting it’s creating bad burns because the overwhelming majority are very good…but for example on a full burn T03 with say 700 PIF, the bulk will be in that first 1.5Gb.

Has anyone seen something similar?[/QUOTE]

i have a Very similar experience :iagree::iagree:

cant seem to find a answer to this :frowning: happens with all F/W

I had a similar issue with my 1st 1650. Majority of the tests,there would be a tall and wide spike near the 2 gb mark-using many different types of medium.

Turned out the backups were ok,just the reader part of that drive was giving the spiking. Using that 1650 to scan some backups from my 1620 and 1640,also gave the same huge spike.

Here’s a pic:

Benq drives a awesome burners,but decent readers. I use mine for burning only and have yet to wear out a Q.