BenQ DW1640 - Recommendations on media?

Hi, im a bit of a noob thats recently invested in a Benq DW1640, but im not so sure on which media to use with my new baby. Im looking for quality media that is not too expensive, so basically not Kodak or Mitsui. It seems Taiyo Yuden could be a smart choice but ive read about fakes, plus im not sure on the brands or where to buy. So if you could give me any advice on blank cd-r, dvd-r and dvd+rs including brand and the best/reliable place to buy them within the UK that would be great. Cheers

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Read these threads to get more informations

HERE
HERE
HERE
HERE
HERE
HERE
HERE

In these threads you’ll find all informations you want

As well as what you’ll read in Geno888’s links, I’d just like to put in a vote for www.svp.co.uk here - and apparently, the TY’s they sell aren’t fakes (God I hope not, just ordered some, LOL :bigsmile: ).

Edit: Welcome! :bigsmile:

Can’t go wrong with TY or Verbatim. Try here:

http://www.rima.com/

cheers

Good reliable service: SVP (see above!)

Brands (still learning myself here, but…): Verbatim, Taiyo Yuden (possibly folks will add more to that).

:slight_smile:

Boy, you’re quicker with the Edit button than I am! This was in response to your post before you edited!

In simple words, the best choice are Taiyo yuden discs. Also very good are Verbatims and Ricoh. Moreover, Benq 1640 give better results with +R media rather than -R media.

In threads I posted you’ll find all results for burnings of these and other brands of discs. Spend some time to read these threads to learn these informations. You’ll find very useful. I understand that are so many pages to read, but I suggest you to read anyway.

Another place to buy can be Nierle