Vingie, did you flash with BSRB twice? At this point, that might be something that could help, or at least be something where you have nothing to lose. I suggest this because when I first upgraded from BSLB to BSPB, I got some bad read transfer tests, and only when I flashed to BSPB TWICE did that solve the problem. Another user suggested it to me, a seasoned CDFreak that does it often, and when I did that, no more problem. Also, check your "Learned media" table under QSuite: if you flash twice to BSRB (flash, reboot, flash again, reboot) and you still have learned media in the 6 boxes, press "clear EEPROM" to clear it, then try another burn.
Of course, flash twice, rebooting after each flash, then check the table and clear it if there's any media there. Reboot once more, then check the table, and it should be clear. Then try another burn. HTH