BenQ DW1640 FIrmware

Is the new firmware BSRB i think! worth upgrading to or should I stick with the BSLB i’m using now? opinions needed! I have a cross flashed Plextor 740a. T hanks! :slight_smile:

In my personal opinion and remember I only use 2 types of + media, Verbatim MCC004 and Yuden-000-T02-000, BSLB is the best for me. Now maybe other media codes were added to BSRB that you need, I do not know. But I have tried all the DW1640 firmwares and I stick with BSLB.:iagree:

hi alan, the only thing i’ve found with the BSLB Flash is when i try to view some not all, prerecorded dvds rentals i get the error that i need region 1 settings on my drive to view it. no big problem cause i never, watch dvds on my pc anyway. was just wondering if there was a way to get around this problem. :slight_smile: i like the book setting adjustments i have now after the crossflashing.

[QUOTE=crippledchicken;1936388]Is the new firmware BSRB i think! worth upgrading to or should I stick with the BSLB i’m using now? opinions needed! I have a cross flashed Plextor 740a. T hanks! :)[/QUOTE]
I’m running the 740a-1640 bsrb use both tyg02-t02.verb mc003 & dl+r verb with no problems what so ever’ if your not having any problems stick with what works for you as for your other problem try device manager:)

Been using BSRB for more than a year now and never had a problem.

I went ahead and flashed with the BSRB and i no longer seem to have the region 1 problem as it seems the BSRB is already set to region 1. i’ve never tried any verbatim yet since i can’t seem to find any locally (small town). all i can seem to find is TDK/MAXELL/MEMOREX and sony. I plan to order some Verbatim sometime but, I just hate to have to pay shipping charges plus, the higher price of the Verbatims but, I will when I can. in general, which of the brands that i have mentioned, would be the best choice of course I realize that different burners will perform their best with different brands. Thanks, and Happy Holliday! :bigsmile: