I currently have a DRU-810A@DW1640 BSLB. I plan on using that for scanning and such.
Now I’m looking for one mean writer. I mean the best. I’m trying to weigh the strength against the weaknesses of the major drives out there right now. I’m still sort of a newb so please I’d like everyone’s input. I decided to try and not ask for info that’s already around on the forums, so I did some of my own research but I don’t imagine it’s all correct. I’m mainly just looking for opinions, recommendations, and corrections to my information.
These are the two I’m come up with, but I’m not dead-set on them. Please suggest another if there’s better.
- Apparently good MKM001 +R DL burns
- Quality burns at 16x+ speeds
- Slow ZCLV 8x burning
- Rock solid +R DL burning up to 6x
- Less picky over cheaper media???
- No native bitsetting support (is this for both SL and DL, or just SL?)