BenQ DW1640 - 16x - PATA - OEM - $19.99 + Shipping - Unity Electronics

vbimport

http://www.unityelectronics.com/product-product_id/4208/m/Plextor/p/PX_740A_BULK

Use coupon code PX4BRN to the reduce the price on a brand new Plextor PX-740A (BenQ DW1640) to $19.99. :bow:

Shipping is more than $8.00 makes it around 30 dollars. I think is better go with newer Pioneer or Samsung 203’s for this price.

Thank you for the post negritude! I just ordered one :cool:

:a Sheesh, $25.43 to ship to Hawaii…No thanks! It’s ok since I have enough 1640 drives. :wink: :bigsmile:

I was just about to post this sale, I ordered 1 earlier today;).
$9.00 shipping for me. Thanks again negritude.

[QUOTE=fairplay;2097605]Shipping is more than $8.00 makes it around 30 dollars. I think is better go with newer Pioneer or Samsung 203’s for this price.[/QUOTE]

The thing is … [B][U]SolidBurn[/U][/B].
I know (zebadee) has/uses three of these.
1 to rip (MCSE speed read patched).
Still just about the fastest reader/ripper in this form.
To say nothing of the scanning aspect. (What else can you use for DL or CDR? )
1 to write to Verbatim + media only. SolidBurn enabled, rest disabled.
1 to write to Verbatim - media only. SB & other utils as above.
The resulting burns @ 8x 12x & 16x (SL media) are still as good as anything on the market today.
The downside, DL burning not really adequate @ any speed. That is about all, to say really.

Even BenQ’s own 1650/1655’s are not as consistent performers. When compared to the 1640.

I got one also, 29.89 shipped, thats 10 bucks less than I paid for the ones I bought from Best Buy when they were in the store, thanks negritude.:clap: The shipping was 9.90 for me, UPS Ground.

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2097616]I was just about to post this sale, I ordered 1 earlier today;).
$9.00 shipping for me. Thanks again negritude.[/QUOTE]Dang Jim…and you didn’t PM me about it :rolleyes: :bigsmile: I’ve been waiting to see if i can get one last chance at a 1640 :clap:

This won’t be your last chance, but they are not going to get any cheaper than this, its a good deal BOB.:wink:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2097622]This won’t be your last chance, but they are not going to get any cheaper than this, its a good deal BOB.;)[/QUOTE]yep it is a good deal Alan. But most of the times it’s a 1650/55. 1640 is my fav :slight_smile:

Edit:
This one will go in the closet for rainy day after testing of course :wink:

Edit2:
I just got an email saying it’s shipped :eek: dayum

[quote=Bob;2097623]yep it is a good deal Alan. But most of the times it’s a 1650/55. 1640 is my fav :slight_smile:

Edit:
This one will go in the closet for rainy day.[/quote] For my money , I will take a DW1640 over anyone of these new SATA drives for the same price. I have 3 Retail Black BenQ DW1640 Faceplates so when one goes south all I have to do is change the faceplate. LOL. ( only 1 died on me, and it was not a complete death, it just refused to recognize Cds, it plays and writes DVDs just fine.:wink:

yeah Alan this takes me back a few years to the old BenQ days :iagree:

I don’t get as excited about getting other drives.

I wonder if Albert has seen this yet?

AWESOME deal on a BenQ!
Thanks, Negritude.

Any thoughts on the Linksys?
I don’t suppose it’s DD-WRT capable??
I need to replace a D-Link.
Thanks

Thanks, Negritude.
Bought 4

Words can’t express how happy I am, right at this moment, sure hope they don’t run out before my order is processed.

THANK YOU!!! negritude

Thanks for the heads up negritude I ordered 2.
budzos

Yo negritude-

Got mine

Thanks for the heads up-eh!!

Which FW would be best to use on this burner in terms of burn quality & scanning w/ Nero CD-DVD Speed, Plextor’s or BenQ’s?

BenQ. The Plextor firmware, like most other BenQ OEM firmwares, won’t scan so well, and you don’t get all the “advanced” features of BenQ’s stock firmware.

All you have to do is crossflash it, its the exact same drive.:iagree: