BenQ DW1620

vbimport

Hello everyone!
I have been trying to solve this problem for days, and this place has kept coming up in my google search results, so I thought Id try it. :bow:

So, lets get down to business

I have a BenQ DW1620, with firmware B7T9, on Windows XP.

A few days ago, I needed to write a DVD. I first tried a TDK DVD RW. I tried writing (using Nero), and it all seemed to be going fine. But it just got stuck at 1% complete. I let it keep going overnight, and was dissapointed to see it was the same again in the morning. So, I closed Nero, and put in a Mitsubishi DVD RW, and tried. It did exactly the same thing, except this time when I went to cancel the write, it froze my computer.

So now, I have a DVD writer that does anything but write DVDs! :sad:

I have tried the following
-upgrading firmware
-changing IDE cable
-changing IDE channel
-Installing XP Service Pack 2

Please help, I am at my wits end, and need to burn my assignment to DVD so I can hand it in on Wednesday. :frowning:

Regards
Brownbox

Hi, Brownbox!
It seems like you’ve done all the “complicated” things to get the drive working, First check and see if writing is ENABLED on that drive >>> My Computer > right-click the writable drive > properties > go to the “recording” tab and then see if it it checked or or not. If that isn’t it, check in Device manager to ensure it is enabled here, too. For some strange reason (I’ve noticed) some software will disable and/or dominate what the drive will do, and then you have to figure out which program is doing it. After that, I’m sure you’ll be good to go!

Try using a different software like Shrink and burn with Imgburn both are free. You can also try any number of shareware programs, free to try for a limited time.

ok guys I fixed it. I went and brought one of those cd lens cleaning things- you know, those cd’s with the funny little brush things on it. So now, its all going fine! Cheers