BenQ DW1620 Pro with TDK TTG02

vbimport

I’ve bought this dvd recorder (DW1620 Pro) a week ago and I’ve burned successfully a lot of DVDs-R DataRight at 8x speed. Now I’m trying to burn TDK TTG02 but Nero doesn’t work with this media and it fails on lead-in procedure. Then I’ve upgraded from B7P9 to B7T9 but was unable to solve this problem… :confused: I think the media is not compatible with recorder but BenQ assures that it’s perfectly compatible with the DW1620 Pro. Anyone can help me? :bow:
Sorry for my mistakes…I don’t speak english very well… :slight_smile:

weird~~
i don’t have this problem

TDK 8x DVD-R with B7T9 firmware
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=815678&postcount=164

are you try other 8x +r media?

I’m trying Memorex 8x DVD-R, Memorex DVD+RW 4x and TDK DVD+RW but result is the same and the dvd writer fails the burning at lead-in procedure. DVDs Memorex are recognized by Qscan as: “Manufacture ID: CMC MA; Media ID: G. AE?” and the TDK DVD+RW appear as not supported media.

Sounds like a drive failure…

Just a suggestion:

1. Download B7L9 from BenQ’s website
  2. Restart in Safe Mode, Flash to B7L9 (restart to normal mode after flashing)
  3. Burn one of the TY’s at rated speed
  4. Restart into Safe Mode
  5. Use the official B7T9 flasher and restart once the flashing is done
  6. Try your burn again and the drive will hopefully work properly

Sounds like a bad flash to me or a flash failure at least - here’s hoping it’s that simple. :slight_smile:

Braxas: Thank you for suggests, i’ve done as you tell me and with the B7L9 firmware my dvd writer has burnt a TDK TTG02. After this i’ve updated my drive with the B7T9 firmware, but it hasn’t write the same disks…I think it doesn’t work because i’ve tried it with DVDs that old firmware (bad flashed) has failed the burnt. Tomorrow i’ll buy new DVD-R and try again! Thank you! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Glad it at least burnt a disc with B7L9 - one option is if it burned off fine with no issues and such and the scans look good with L9 you could try just either keeping L9 in to burn that batch of discs or flash to P9 and give that a shot. B7T9 isn’t a must use firmware just because it’s the most updated - it’s just what I have found that seems to work well for myself. :slight_smile:

If my driver has written a disk I reject the possibility of a driver failure or not? It’s a bad flash, isn’t it?

drive sorry! not driver…

Either a bad flash (potentially…) or it could be just a certain firmware revision working better on that batch of discs. Different write strategies from different firmwares could certainly modify how the drive writes to that discs and how well it does/doesn’t do. :slight_smile:

Yeah! I’m recovering… :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
I’m very unfortunate…I wasted about ten DVD-R to try my BenQ…grrr :a
Tomorrow i’ll try again with new disks! bye bye! :wink:

I would suggest buying other than TTG02, try TYG02.

Hi,

so glad I found this thread since I have about the same problem. Just bought the BenQ recorder which was tested quite good in a large german magazine and performed best in combination with exactly the TDK TTG02 with firmware B7P9.

My device was equipped with that firmware and I bought 25 TDK DVD-R TTG02.

But the burn process does not even start, all programs abort. Here is what DVD-Decrypter says:

I 13:20:23 Operation Started!
I 13:20:23 Source File: E:\storage\xxx.ISO
I 13:20:23 Source File Sectors: 2.285.859 (MODE1/2048)
I 13:20:23 Source File Size: 4.681.439.232 bytes
I 13:20:23 Destination Device: [2:3:0] BENQ DVD DD DW1620 B7T9 (J:) (ATA)
I 13:20:23 Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: TTG02) (Speeds: 2,4x; 4x; 8x)
I 13:20:23 Destination Media Sectors: 2.298.496
I 13:20:23 Write Mode: DVD
I 13:20:23 Write Speed: MAX
I 13:20:23 Test Mode: Yes
I 13:20:23 BURN-Proof: Enabled
E 13:20:39 Failed to Reserve Track! - Incompatible Medium Installed
E 13:20:40 Operation Failed! - Duration: 00:00:17
I 13:20:40 Average Write Rate: N/A - Maximum Write Rate: N/A

I don’t know what’s going on there, so I am quite curios what happened to your BenQ.

I was about to try the writer with B7L9 firmware, but I cannot find it on the BenQ homepage, only firmwares I have are B7P9 and B7T9, which I flashed on the drive without any change.

Other media seems to work fine, although I just checked one other brand plus a DVD-RW.

The B7L9 firmware can be found here.

That’s again very strange. Here is a burn of the same MID disc (TDK jewel case pastell colored) burnt by BenQ with FW B7T9 at 8X:

Tnx for the link, didn’t help though. Same failure. I know I already quoted the DVD-Decrypter log, but here is a screenshot for you.

Any other ideas? Maybe the problem is different from isuh’s, but I still believe they might be somehow related.

P.S.: I know this screenshot is NOT taken with B7L9 firmware, but the problem and error message is exactly the same apart from the firmware revision.

I’ve sent my drive to BenQ assistance center because it refuses to write DVDs…Now I’m waiting for it… :sad: :sad: :sad:

thats a nice scan, I have the TDK TTG02 inkjet printable bought at Costco, burnt with BenQ DW1620 with the latest FW B7U9, I have very high PI, around 120, I guess I have a bad batch.

I bought a spindle of the TDK 8x DVD-R media code TTG02 and got nothing but coasters or the disc would not playback at all. I returned them to a local store that had them on sale. I also burned them in my other burners which I encountered the same problems. :confused: I don’t know if it’s just me or are others having problems with TDK TTG02? I have B7P9 on both of my BENQ drives. I guess I’ll just use MAXELL, TAIYO YUDEN & MEMOREX that has media code PRODISCF01 with my BENQ drives.

I would recommend to try B7T9 for TTG02.

Im usin B7U9 to, but just 4 this particular media im flashin back again and again.

take a look at my scans, maybe they r helpfull.
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=132985