BENQ DW1610 Problems

Well I just bought a BENQ DW1610 from futureshop today, as I had a feeling my Pioneer 105 was dying.

I am not impressed with this BENQ drive at all! First of all I can’t write at any speed lower then 4x. This is no good for PS2 backups at all! My ps2 can’t read discs burned at this high of a speed.

Secondly, and most important… I can’t read any discs that I burn with it! I just tried burning a data DVD and then reading it in the same drive. It doesn’t recognize the disc at all!

I thought it might be because it’s showing as a CD Drive in windows explorer so I tried a real DVD. It recognizes it and plays it fine.

So… has anyone else had problems like this? I’ll be returning this drive very soon if I can’t get them sorted out.

hey, dont give up yet. i just bought a benq dw1600, and i was having trouble with it, until i realised that i had to update the firmware. you can do this too online at http://www.benq-eu.com/ServiceAndSupport/Drivers/drivers.cfm?product=646#dl that exact link will take you to the page for the drivers for your device. hope this helps you