BenQ DW 1655 and Bad TRTs!

vbimport

[QUOTE=vroom;2536273]OK, the thing that caught my attention was that both drives slowed in the same place, if you still have that disc you can do a TRT and a quality scan with the lite just to compare the results.

The 243 looks like a great drive, if i only could find one here.[/QUOTE]

@vroom

Sony branded TYG03
burned at 16x by Nero DiscSpeed 4.x 'Create Disc
SB off/off in BenQ 1655
MIJ
batch# GH000142

The TRT is fine, but the quality scan is awful!

This disc was at the bottom and it is very last unbranded TYG03

[QUOTE=vroom;2536083]I disagree on the plextor part, benq or liteon drives can do the same job very well.
Most of the stores simply want to sell, and 99% has no idea about what chipset the drive is using.[/QUOTE]

That’s true, but if NBK is lucky enough to find a Plextor why not? :bigsmile:

btw, that’s a shame that buying a liteon drive with the right chipset is like a shoot in the dark :doh:

[QUOTE=geno888;2536337]That’s true, but if NBK is lucky enough to find a Plextor why not? :bigsmile:

btw, that’s a shame that buying a liteon drive with the right chipset is like a shoot in the dark :doh:[/QUOTE]

@geno I wish i could find a Plextor, but right now i would settle for a working BenQ 1655.

@vroom I almost bought a new Lite-On, until i ran across a thread about Lite-On using NEC chipsets!

Thanks,
NBK

The chipset mess is only with most recent drives. Can you find a previous liteon model somewhere?

[QUOTE=geno888;2536344]The chipset mess is only with most recent drives. Can you find a previous liteon model somewhere?[/QUOTE]

@geno888 :iagree:I have an Lite-On LH-20A1L that i am currently using to quality scan discs from my new Samsung SH-S243N…I will post the scans and TRTs when i return from a trip.

Hi,

I put the BenQ 1655 in another computer with same results:a The TRTs are bad and the BenQ 1655 will not burn at 16x. I with great sadness:sad: declare it dead…

Verbatim branded MCC 004
miT
burned at 16x