Benq DVD-ROM 1650P

I m planing to buy a Benq 1650P, has any one used it and tell me their exprence reading DVD’s, My old lite on HD1660S cant read most dvd’s , So hows BENQ’s performance and can it read all DVD? I know lite on 1660S has some reading problems, and some other drives has problems reading some of ur burned DVD’s but what about BENQ 1650P ?

Thanx

I am not familiar with the P designation, but the 1640/1650/1655 BenQ drives has been that they are very good readers as well as burners. Many here regret that they are gone.

chas0039 don’t forget the DW as i don’t know what this P version is exactly. Can you give us more info on this drive sorbre.

The 1650P is just a DVD-ROM drive, like LiteOn 166S, AOpen 1648, etc.

@sorbre, sorry, can’t comment on 1650P b/c I never used one, but there should be some old threads if you search around.

If you are referring to this locked thread then you better know that our mods and admins are volunteers who keep this forum running smoothly like now and there are reasons why that thread was closed.

The two smilies above shows that you don’t understand our forum rules so please read it again and behave.

can any one suggest me a DVD player that can play all sorts of DVD’s?

Planing to buy Benq 1650P {http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=106889210}

Any way if u have used it tell me about its performence and problems ( reading new-old, Burned etc DVD’s,

Thanx :slight_smile:

I have a Benq 1650.

I have to admit that it has had problems in reading scratched DVDs.

But, it’s generally a good and reliable burner.

This drive (1650P) isn’t a burner. It is a DVD-ROM drive :bigsmile:

Yes you are correct!

Yep. Maybe the title needs an edit :bigsmile:

Buy one MADE IN CHINA and FOR CHINESE only, not for export outside China. It has some special tweaks to handle bad burn, scratch and/or pirated dvd.