BENQ COMBO cb523c

I have a new Benq Combo DVD reader… that is not reading at all. This happened to me before and it was fixed by itself :eek: … but no it doesn’t want to read at all, when I put a cd in (it doesn’t matter if it’s dvd, regular cd, files, music… whatever) the light blinks for a while and then nothing… :sad:

HELP!! Please!!!

suggest you try it in a different machine, have you installed any packet writing software InCD etc? have you tried any pressed discs? asin original dvd movies?

Thanks for the answer Mr. Brownstone: I don’t quite understand what you mean. :o I don’t have another machine to try this, the strange thing is that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. When it decides to work it works perfect, reads anykind of cd and it burns, but if I restart the computer or if I turn it off, then it doesn’t work anymore. :a I really don’t know what this could be. I tried different kind of cds: Original music cds, original dvd movies, recorded cds with files or music… I upgraded the drivers but nothing changed. Do you think this has something to do with the computer? It’s a new computer, it’s working fine, I have windows XP installed and I the automatic upgrades turned on, so I guess it’s ok… I DON’T KNOW!!! :doh:

suggest you try it in a different machine, have you installed any packet writing software InCD etc? have you tried any pressed discs? asin original dvd movies?[/QUOTE]

suggest you check the molex (power) cable and the IDE cable are connected up properly, could also be a dodgy IDE cable