Benq blank media

Hi Folks,

I see that Benq has blank media for sale at Futureshop here in Canada…would it be a logical choice to buy some up for my Benq 1640 drive? Has anyone had experience with them?

If DVD media … I’ve had experience with BENQ 8x DVD+R only: MID = DAXON AZ2. Not the greatest media for the money. Look for DAXON threads in the Media Section of the forum. You’ll see the scans and can judge for yourself.

The ‘logical’ choice would be to go towards the media that give you not just best burn quality but especially the best media integrity / longevity so you can have relative peace of mind after you’ve burned.

If it were me, I’d rather focus on finding deals for Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim media. Read through the BENQ threads, and you’ll see scans and comments on different types of media. TY and Verb’s do very well on 1640’s. There are a lot of great posts and insights into 1640 media, so spend some time to investigate before you go out and spend your hard earned money.

Cheers. :slight_smile:

Future Shop ? :slight_smile: I’ve actually seen many people at the customer service counter YELLING to the clerks about crappy discs - Be very careful about the media sold at Future Shop - it’s utter garbage with a few exceptions, the Maxell 10, 15 and 25 packs which are either RICOH or MAXELL002.