BenQ 5224P

vbimport

Anyone know if and where there’s a newer firmware for this drive?

I can’t find an official link for K.UC (all the links I see are for those sketchy “driver update” sites).

…So I downloaded the zip file, let Windows Defender & Malwarebytes scan it, then uploaded it to VirusTotal. All say it’s clean.

Unpacking the .exe file shows it is indeed a BenQ-related package (some small icons & bitmaps with a CD & the BenQ logo).

It seems safe, but try at your own risk, friend. (Attached zip file to post, rather than uploading to the normal archive location.)

5224p_kuc.zip (287 KB)

[QUOTE=Albert;2787083]I can’t find an official link for K.UC (all the links I see are for those sketchy “driver update” sites).[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Albert. That’s what I saw also. There used to be a BenQ Europe site with firmware for all their optical drives, but I can no longer find it.

edited my earlier post, if you want to try the flasher.

the FTP site seems to be down (trying old links to DW1640 firmware folks posted a few years back).

[QUOTE=Albert;2787085]edited my earlier post, if you want to try the flasher.

the FTP site seems to be down (trying old links to DW1640 firmware folks posted a few years back).[/QUOTE]

Looks promising - thanks! I’ll give it a go tonight. Much appreciated!

It was not until I remembered that for us there are some firmware for BenQ 5224P
http://www.cdrinfo.pl/hardware/2287183949-BENQ-CRW-5224P-W

Yay!

The zip file contains the same flasher as the self-extracting zip from CDRInfo. Hopefully it’ll work with no fuss.

Thanks, czary2mary1!

Thank you, czary2mary1!

Successfully updated the firmware on my 5224P to K.UC. Thank you, Albert and czary2mary1! :bow: