BenQ 400a problem

I recently purchased a BenQ 400a. I was happy with the performance and quality, but wanted to be able to watch my DVDs in a wider variety of players, so I attempted to use DVDInfoPro (v ) to set the default booktype for DVD+Rs to DVD-ROM.

Not only did that not work, but now any disc I put into the drive (DVD or CD, blank or with data) is determined to be either blank or not there (no media present). I have tried to re-flash the drive, but that doesn’t solve the problem either.

Please, someone, tell me there’s something I can do.

Thanks,
CPav

1. Deinstall DVDInfoPro, reboot
  2. Flash your drive again, reboot
  3. Download and run the Benq BookType Mgt software from here:
http://support.benq.com/files/Storage/Software/Book%20Type%20Management/BookType%20Management%20v8.3.zip

It should work now (at least it worked for me).
One last tip: use only DVD+R media with Benq!

Cheers,
aLiEn

Thanks, aLiEn. Doesn’t look like it worked, though. :sad: Was yours not recognizing any discs at all? Mine tells me there’s no media in the drive, no matter what I put in it.

I had the same problem. Insert different media into your drive and see if they get recognised (CD, CD-R, CD-RW etc). Also: use WinXP System Restore (in case you’re using WinXP) to restore to an earlier point in time (before your problems started). That helps sometimes too. Good Luck!

Again, thanks.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t recognize ANY type of media. And I had gotten a Trojan Horse in one of my system restore files, so I turned off SR on all drives.

Guess I’ll have to suck it up and call BenQ.

CPav