Benq 1655 firmware question

I recently purchased a used Benq 1655 on E-bay, upon opening Nero test disk, instead of the heading being"Benq DVD LS DW 1655" it was “ATAPI DVD LS 8x16x8x16” and the firmware was GCAB, when I tried to check the firmware on Imageburn, I got this message, "String DVD LS8x16x8x16, this string could not be found, the back of the DVD does state it is a Benq 1655.
Can anybody explain this for me?
T.I.A.

[quote=durkinjt;1922398]I recently purchased a used Benq 1655 on E-bay, upon opening Nero test disk, instead of the heading being"Benq DVD LS DW 1655" it was “ATAPI DVD LS 8x16x8x16” and the firmware was GCAB, when I tried to check the firmware on Imageburn, I got this message, "String DVD LS8x16x8x16, this string could not be found, the back of the DVD does state it is a Benq 1655.
Can anybody explain this for me?
T.I.A.[/quote]
That is a rebadge firmware that you might find on an I/O Magic rebadged BenQ DW1655. It can however be crossflashed into a real BenQ firmware.:iagree:

Thanks for the reply,how does one crossflash?

[quote=durkinjt;1922506]Thanks for the reply,how does one crossflash?[/quote] Go to that burner forum and I am sure someone with that brand who has crossflashed can help you

Hi :slight_smile:
This is a good place to start: :iagree: :wink: :bigsmile:

The above guide has been used my many and is one of the best guides on crossflashing a BenQ on the internet. If you have any questions please ask?