BenQ 1655 drive freezes PC

vbimport

I have a BenQ 1655 drive (GCAB firmware) in my PC. When I attempt to burn a DVD it seems to be freezing my PC. This doesnt happen every time but alot f the time it all depends on when I insert this blank disc. For instance: I used CloneDVD2 and started backing up a DVD I had on my hard drive. It was at about 5% when I inserted the blank DVD into the drive and presto the PC locked up. I tried it beforehand by inserting the blank disc right before I started the backup process with CloneDVD and it froze again. Sometime it works when I wait a few minutes for the process to start then insert the blank disc. I would think it shouldnt matter when I put the disc in - whether 10 minutes before I do the backup or while it is backing up. Just thought maybe someone else ran into this and it was the GCAB firmware issue I was reading about on here.

This sound like a software config problem. Post the text output of Nero Infotool as text file attachment using the Manage Attatchments button so we can have a look at your config.