BENQ 1655 and QSuite Error Message!

vbimport

:aHi

I just built a computer based on an ASUS Maximus Formula motherboard. Qsuite 2.1 just refuses to recognize my drive, BENQ 1655 attached to JMicron controller… Anyway to resolve this?

Thanks
NBK

Hi again NBK… :slight_smile:

First of all make sure you’r using propper IDE drivers.
JMicron with opticals is in general nogo and a nice way asking for problems.
But, here is one link.

Nice mobo btw, homebuilt box? Good luck. :wink:

[QUOTE=pinto2;2032086]Hi again NBK… :slight_smile:

First of all make sure you’r using propper IDE drivers.
JMicron with opticals is in general nogo and a nice way asking for problems.
But, here is one link.

Nice mobo btw, homebuilt box? Good luck. ;)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for finding that thread for me pinto2,

Yes, i have only had homebuilt boxes since 1999.

I also have a SATA Samsung S203N attached too. I do not know which drive is which in the registry…

Help,
NBK

Hi

I am using the latest lightscribe software and it does not recognize that i have a LightScribe capable dvd burner…

Thanks
NBK

NBK, check and fix the basics before beginning advanced tests. :wink: I gave you some advices above.

Forget the registry atm. :smiley:
Values and drivers in device manager will tell you anything worth to know.

Yeah, you say so… :flower:

:)Hi pinto2,

I think i solved the problem!!! I updated my ASUS Maximus Formula’s BIOS from 0907 beta to 1004 beta. QSuite recognizes my BENQ 1655 and so does LightScribe System Software…I hope i did not create any other problems!!!

NBK

[QUOTE=NBK;2032986]:)Hi pinto2,

I think i solved the problem!!! I updated my ASUS Maximus Formula’s BIOS from 0907 beta to 1004 beta. QSuite recognizes my BENQ 1655 and so does LightScribe System Software…I hope i did not create any other problems!!!

NBK[/QUOTE]

:aHi:a

As soon as i unplug the computer from the wall, the BENQ 1655 is not recognized when boot into Windows. This is definently a BIOS/motherboard problem…

NBK

:)Hi

I solved it by replacing the CMOS battery!!!

NBK

[QUOTE=NBK;2037653]:)Hi

I solved it by replacing the CMOS battery!!!

NBK[/QUOTE]

:aHi

Replacing the battery did not resolve the issue!!! I rebooted last night and it returned.

I tried a Lite-On DVD burner and the same thing happened. Something is definently wrong with the Motherboard/JMicron controller.

Does anyone have any ideas???

Thanks
NBK

I just built a computer based on an ASUS Maximus Formula motherboard. Qsuite 2.1 just refuses to recognize my drive, BENQ 1655 attached to JMicron controller… Anyway to resolve this?

Thanks
NBK[/quote]
Is the BenQDW1655 the first drive in the dropdown box. If it is not you will see that error in QSuite.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2039876]Is the BenQDW1655 the first drive in the dropdown box. If it is not you will see that error in QSuite.[/QUOTE]

Hi alan1476,

I think it was first…

NBK

Do you have a screenshot of how the drive’s name appears in windows, and if anything extra is added/removed from the drive name that may fool the different applications from properly recognizing it?

Although it’s an SATA drive, some Samsung 203 drives on some SATA controllers have issues because the controller corrupts the name of the drive or some other information [say, instead of having TSSTcorp SH-S203B SB00, it makes it SATA TSSTcorp SH-SSB00–replacing the last 4 letters of the drive name that appears before the firmware SB00; also, some Via chipsets report the right name, but somehow report the wrong OEM code–such as reporting the OEM code required by the Samsung flasher as “1” when it should be “SB”], making it hard to flash newer firmware. Maybe you have a similar situation with the JMicron controller where something isn’t being translated right.

I’d be inclined to suggest getting an add-on PCI/PCI Expressadd-on Parallel ATA card based on a Silicon Image controller for your PATA optical drives, but that’s just my suggestion.

[I]Off topic.[/I]

Albert, with NBK’s history in mind, maybe you’r asking for to much… :flower:
91 new threads started with ~550 posts in total… Make your own judgement. :wink:

Please guy’s take it slow and easy here. Thanks.

[QUOTE=pinto2;2044401][I]Off topic.[/I]

Albert, with NBK’s history in mind, maybe you’r asking for to much… :flower:
91 new threads started with ~550 posts in total… Make your own judgement. :wink:

Please guy’s take it slow and easy here. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Hi pinto2,

My history???

I gave up on using the BENQ for now…and put in another SATA DVD burner.

NBK

Sorry for the late post,

I resolved the issue with a BIOS update to my ASUS Maximus Formula. Now all is well. JMicron sux!!!

NBK

Thanks for letting us know. :flower:

Happy burning.