BenQ 1640 Verbatim DvD+DL problem

vbimport

This seems like a pretty bad burn? Firmware is already the latest one, i dont get why half the dvd is extremely good quality then the other half is off the charts.

Please help if you know why its causing this.

Verbatim DVD+R DL (rated 2.4x)
Media Code: MKM 001
Burned with: ImgBurn v2.4.0.0
Source: ISO
Burned at: 4.0x (DW1640 BSRB)

Did you start doing anything half way? is the ide shared with a hard drive?

Nope, i made sure nothing is running when i started the burns. So far i did 3 burns, and all of them is like that, at the middle point it just goes way up. Only the Burner is IDE, everything else in my computer is SATA.

That’s a pretty good result for a DL burn. It could be worse, take a look at this one.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/2000931-post105.html

Welcome to cdfreaks [I]thedragoon.[/I] :slight_smile:

This seems like a pretty bad burn?..
:iagree: I would say; that’s a pretty GOOD 4x burn on a DW1640. :clap:

Second layer on a DL disc can never be burned as good as the first one, we have to live with that. :wink:

Does the disc pay back well on your standalone, (if movie ofcourse)?

So far the disc plays without any problem, but im not sure if there will be problems later on, i guess ill see when i get there.

[QUOTE=pinto2;2000935]W
Second layer on a DL disc can never be burned as good as the first one, we have to live with that. ;)[/QUOTE]

i :iagree:

but i have never found why :doh: same Case with MKM 003 also :iagree:

can anybody explain why this happens ?

[QUOTE=achemen;2001680]i :iagree:

but i have never found why :doh: same Case with MKM 003 also :iagree:

can anybody explain why this happens ?[/QUOTE]

WHY? Well, just think about how a DL is contructed and “made of”.

I have another Q: Why is that with DualLayer (-R DL) the second “layer” always burns better than the first, opposite to that what we know with DoubleLayer media (+R DL)???

A possible answer is the production process & technology used for that discs/DL itself.

^^^ me too looking for the same answer :iagree: