Benq 1640 not working with my LG dvd-rom(Mb:p4s533-x)

vbimport

Hi, I have registered because I have a problem with my new benq 1640. I just received it an hour ago and tried to make it work but it just doesn’t work with my LG dvd-rom (model # unknown, will get it on demand). I plugged both of them and only the LG work in secondary slave. When I remove the LG the benq now becomes secondary slave. I tried plugging them in any way possible using the Ide cable and when both are plugged only the LG works… My motherboard is an asus p4s533-x and I will try updating the drivers but I don’t think that would be the problem… Anyway if anyone could help me it would be really appreciated I plugged the Benq for now but I don’t want to be stuck with just a secondary slave Benq drive… I want both of them to work since I need to copy cds/dvds. Thanks

Update : If I get the SiS Mini IDE Driver 2.04a for WIN98SE/ME/2K/XP for my mobo would that help?

Fixed : It was pretty stupid of me but I forgot to check the jumper of my Benq and it was set to slave so was my LG. Sorry for this message.

Yo-

We have all done it at one time or another-

Anyone that says they haven’t - probably has never swapped out drives-

Glad that it was as simple as that-

Mike