Benq 1640. Firmware upgrade problem

Hi,I have a Benq 1640 and i can’t upgrade the firmware.My Benq has the firmware BSHB and i want to upgrade it with the BSLB.I download the official exe file but nothing i try it to update in safe mode and in normal mode but nothing every time i take the message Fail.I try it to change the cables,i downloaded other firmwares from the Dangerous Brothers to try them if they works but nothing.I don’t know what to do. But i think the only way is to update it is from the Dos.But the problem is that i can’t download the .CVT file cause the site http://dvd-rw.hoppy.tk/index.php has a problem with the downloads.So if someone have the .CVT files of my Benq can send me the file BSLB to my mail to try it?

Hi,

the inability to flash other firmware is often controller related. You happen to have your drive installed in a system with rather new intel based chipset?

Also tell us the error message you get.

Michael

Hi,yeah i have an Asus motherboard with the chipset p45 (Intel), i think is the last one for the core 2 Duo.I took 2 Screenshots from the upgrade firmware process and i zip them :

Benq 1640!.zip (44.9 KB)

Try using BQ flasher… it will let you load the .exe to flash so you don’t have to use CVT.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f92/bqflasher-149980/

Hi, i try it with Benq Flasher but still nothing u can see the photo.

Bq Flasher.zip (42.5 KB)

[QUOTE=Billiz;2292121]Hi, i try it with Benq Flasher but still nothing u can see the photo.[/QUOTE]
are you using it as a external drive?

[QUOTE=Billiz;2291987]Hi,yeah i have an Asus motherboard with the chipset p45 (Intel), i think is the last one for the core 2 Duo.
[/QUOTE]what model exactly?
I guess, this motherboard is equipped with a 3rd party P-ATA controller that does not support optical drives very well.

See, if you can get latest drivers from the chipset manufacturer - drivers from the motherboard maker are often outdated.

Michael

The drive is internal and i have an Asus motherboard Model:P5Q(intel socket 775-chipset p45) u can see it here: http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=BxdaHYTJECBvPJ3k&templete=2 .I have the latest drivers from the motherboard maker (ver: 9.0.0.1009) cause the drivers from intel is outdated ( ver:9.0.01008).

[QUOTE=Billiz;2292277]The drive is internal and i have an Asus motherboard Model:P5Q(intel socket 775-chipset p45) [/QUOTE]That motherboard has a Marvell controller for the P-ATA connection. Make sure it is configured as IDE in motherboard Bios at first. Then either try Windows default drivers or latest Marvell drivers for this controller chip.
I am not sure if that controller supports optical drives properly.

The other option would be to install the drive in an USB/IDE enclosure. There is a EW-164B (external version), you can crossflash your DW-1640 to.

Michael

Is it possible to extract .CVT file from .EXE file?
I have exactly the same problem as Billiz above and would like to flash in Dos.

Currently i have BSLB on my DW1640. Should i try to upgrade with BSRB or not?

Thank you!

Hi and Welcome![QUOTE=markec13;2471106]Is it possible to extract .CVT file from .EXE file?[/quote]No. You may check the first post of this thread again and see if the web resource mentioned there is working.

I have exactly the same problem as Billiz above and would like to flash in Dos.
Since your IDE controller does not work properly with optical drives, I don’t expect flashing under DOS does work.

Michael