BenQ 1640 faceplate options?

vbimport

I am looking for a black faceplate for my trusty 1640. Iomagic does not seem to carry it anymore and only offers this DW1600 in the way of BenQ faceplates:

http://store.iomagic.com/detail.asp?product_id=BenQ-DW1600

Would this fit my model? Who else might sell a 1640 faceplate? Could a faceplate from a different make of drive work? Thanks for any help.

[QUOTE=Loque;2057137]I am looking for a black faceplate for my trusty 1640. Iomagic does not seem to carry it anymore and only offers this DW1600 in the way of BenQ faceplates:

http://store.iomagic.com/detail.asp?product_id=BenQ-DW1600

Would this fit my model? Who else might sell a 1640 faceplate? Could a faceplate from a different make of drive work?[/QUOTE]

That faceplate looks like it should fit the entire 16xx series, including the 1640.

You can also use the faceplate from any DW1640 or DW1650 rebadge, such as the Plextor PX-740A or the Sony DRU-810A. The I/O Magic faceplate is a good deal though, because Plextor will charge you $12, if they even still have them for the 1640. The item is discontinued, so I doubt it.

It’s only $4.99, so if I needed one, I would take a chance. Faceplates for discontinued drives are hard to come by unless you have extras that came with another drive.

[quote=negritude;2057174]That faceplate looks like it should fit the entire 16xx series, including the 1640.

You can also use the faceplate from any DW1640 or DW1650 rebadge, such as the Plextor PX-740A or the Sony DRU-810A. The I/O Magic faceplate is a good deal though, because Plextor will charge you $12, if they even still have them for the 1640. The item is discontinued, so I doubt it.

It’s only $4.99, so if I needed one, I would take a chance. Faceplates for discontinued drives are hard to come by unless you have extras that came with another drive.[/quote]
I/O Magic does not have these anymore, even though their site says they do, I ordered some and they returned my money.