BenQ 1640 available at eWiz.com (USA) - $39.99 + shipping

BenQ drives - eWiz.com

Both Newegg and Zipzoomfly are out of stock on these. Probably making room for the 1650’s, as some of you have posted.

eWiz is sending the crappy DQ60 instead.

If you click the 1640 links, you can see Manufacturer Part#: DQ60 COOL GREY BULK, or DQ60 BLACK BULK.

DQ60 is not as good as BenQ 1640, so be careful.

Thanks for the info. I am wanting to buy a 1640 and was looking at ewiz.com since they are showing they had one. I am not going to buy it if it’s not a 1640.
BTW, I am still looking for a 1640 if anyone knows where I can find one.

Try pricegrabber.com and make sure you call the store to check availability before you place an order. Currently I see the drive in stock at compuvest.com. The pricegrabber rating is quite good (4 stars of of 5) but resellerrating is low (4.42/10).

Thanks, I was just looking at compuvest.com because I bought from them before (without problems) but I noticed their rating on pricewatch is 1 out of 5. have they gotten worse? I will look at pricegrabber and see.

I just bought one from compuvest. I called them up first and they said ‘just in case’ they would put “no substitutions” on the order so I would be sure to get a 1640 and not a DQ60. I guess we will see how it goes.

What was their for BenQ 1640 and how much do they charge for shipping?.

for my area shipping was about 8.50. Total bill was $52. Not that great of a deal but I have been wanting one since everyone who has one speaks so highly of them.

Well, I ordered two of these prior to posting this information. If I don’t get two 1640s i am calling them for a return/exchange.

who did you order them from? If it was compuvest.com the you need to call them before hand and tell them no substitutions. I have seen posts where others ordered 1640 and received a DQ60. And someone posted that Benq DQ60 is not really BenQ (I cannot verify that because I don’t know).

I ordered them from eWiz.com

I just looked at my invoice and it says the part number is DW1640. I’ll report back what it is that I actually receive.

Good Luck, and make sure you give them hell if you get DQ60 drives instead (DQ60 is a rebadged Teac and is of poor quality :().

They list the part number as DW1640B for the black model and DW1640 for the grey model but that is their part number. They list the Manufacturer Part#: DQ60 COOL GREY BULK
for the grey and Manufacturer Part#: DQ60 BLACK BULK
for the black model.

I copied and pasted from their websight:

Part#: DW1640B
Package: BULK
Manufacturer: BenQ
Manufacturer Part#: DQ60 BLACK BULK
Shipping Weight: 2.50 lbs.(1.14 kg)

Part#: DW1640
Package: BULK
Manufacturer: BenQ
Manufacturer Part#: DQ60 COOL GREY BULK
Shipping Weight: 2.50 lbs.(1.14 kg)

expect the worst.

BTW, this is inexcusable if they still send him the DQ60 instead of the 1640, as they have been well aware of this ‘supposed’ mix up on their part for several days now. According to what was posted in the other thread, eWiz claimed there was a ‘mix up’ and they were sent the DQ60’s instead of 1640’s.

They are probably just making it up and sending people DQ60 drives since they ran out of 1640s in hopes that most would not notice or care enough to demand an exchange/refund. Apparently they don’t actually have any 1640s left in stock, so plan on having to send back your two burners Wedge Maniac. In their eyes they may consider it a fair trade or even an ‘upgrade’ since it is a newer drive and supports DVD-RAM, but it is a FAR inferior drive to the 1640 when it comes to burn quality.

[QUOTE=scoobiedoobie]BTW, this is inexcusable if they still send him the DQ60 instead of the 1640, as they have been well aware of this ‘supposed’ mix up on their part for several days now. According to what was posted in the other thread, eWiz claimed there was a ‘mix up’ and they were sent the DQ60’s instead of 1640’s. QUOTE]

Yes, I agree that it is totaly inexcusable. Also, like you, I am convinced they do not have any 1640’s. That is why I spent the extra money, almost $10, and bought one from compuvest(but only after I called them first to make sure it was not a DQ60).

This forum is excellent. I always do a search on cdfreaks before buying something. If I cannot find anything I understand, I found out there are a lot of helpful people that will share their experience to help others to make a more informed decision.

You may have spent a few bucks more, but $10 is a very small price to pay when comparing the 1640 to the crappy DQ60. :wink:

[quote=“scoobiedoobie”]

I owe my thanks to Wedge Maniac for starting this thread and everyone who gave their input because I was looking at that very same drive today and almost bought it until I read this thread. I did not pay close enough attention to description.

Yes it is absolutely inexcusable.

I will be sending the drives back if they are not the 1640. And I bet they will want a 15% restocking fee. But I say that this is false adverstising.

I can already hear a rebuttle something like “we say on our web page that ‘Product descriptions and part numbers are subject to change, and may not reflect manufacturer product changes.’” My response to that would be: okay, just go ahead and keep one single make/model drive in stock but advertise it as a Lite-on 1693S, an NEC 3550A, a Pioneer 110, and whatever else you think will grab the consumers attention and lead to an order.

My point is that they are way wrong on principle and I hope they will recognize this and do the right thing. If they advertise it as a BenQ 1640, the product I should receive should be nothing short of just that.

I wish I had run a search beforehand, right here at cdfreaks. These drives are for a client that asked me to build him something top-notch.